Author Topic: Joystick sensitivity settings?  (Read 6708 times)

Tregarth

Joystick sensitivity settings?
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:14:37 pm »

Can anyone please help me to set the sensitivity settings of my Saitek X52 Pro stick?  I am using the MS joystick default settings which are fine for a 737 or Cessna but are not for Sludge's F-18.

I accept I am not a good pilot but I don't think I am that bad either so could someone please give me some pointers as to how to set up the stick so I can fly "properly"?

I have looked at using FSUIPC but I use the Saitek programming software to program the buttons on the stick so cannot use FSU to set the stick sensitivities.

Thank you,

Tregarth.

Letourn

Re: Joystick sensitivity settings?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:36:05 am »
Hi tregarth,

nothing to fancy on my side here is my setup using Saitek X52 Pro

let

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 06:35:06 pm »
Fellas...

Something to keep in mind. Once I get the newest Sludge revision out, the flight model will be far more realistic (responsiveness). Quite simply, you wont be able to do a aileron/barrel roll while in a dirty landing configuration. When at low speed, you'll get added rudder responsiveness, but far less aileron response, so the roll rate will be dialed back when in the low/slow regime... as it should be. Also, I'm pretty close to NOT needing a G-limiter.XML 'cause of the new response curves set in the .AIR file. Right now, its to the point where I can do a FULL BACK stick pull at 500 KIAS and still only get 6.5 Gs. I'll tweak it a little more to get 7.0 or closer to 7.5 but its feeling really good right now, in test flights.

So for right now, I'd say go ahead and use what Letourn said... if that helps with your x52. Just keep in mind, once I get this new Sludge out, go back to FULL RESPONSIVENESS and ONE or TWO notches from the left (ZERO) on the NULL ZONE settings. This will ensure you get the whole range from your stick but you'll still not be able to OVER-G the jet and you'll get that slow banking feel when dirty. No more double aileron rolls while dirty.

Later
Sludge

K6952

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 02:51:32 pm »
 The Saitek X52 simply doesn't need any null zones on it's pitch, roll, or yaw. They're hall-effect sensors, which don't create jitter.
The slider and 2 rotary pots do need null zones, but their settings depend on what you have them assigned to.

Best,
-Rabbit
www.fsxcarrierops.com