Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 892070 times)

whiteside

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #1230 on: January 19, 2015, 09:29:27 pm »
Paddles, I have turned the Vasi, runway lights and the others down to 4. On single screen ops, I see the ball and cart very clearly. When I go to multiple monitor ops I get a fuzzy blurry ball of light that does not discern high or low. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thank you great add on!
Whiteside

whiteside

« Reply #1231 on: January 19, 2015, 09:30:44 pm »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1232 on: January 20, 2015, 04:03:36 am »
I'd suggest you try the Halo replacement (on my blog) and see if it helps.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

whiteside

« Reply #1233 on: January 20, 2015, 03:49:13 pm »
Thank you, I had already tried it and I think it helped slightly. Is there a way to go more or for me to adjust it?

Habu

« Reply #1234 on: January 21, 2015, 01:03:08 pm »
Using vLSO v8.2.2 beta. How does the program determine Case 1 or Case 3? I am flying FSX Acceleration F18 in VFR weather, normal carrier pattern at 600 ft, enter the groove about 3/4 mile, yet all my recoveries are graded as Class 3. 8.2.1 did not behave this way, AFAIK. I reinstalled 8.2.2, but issue persists.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1235 on: January 21, 2015, 01:07:34 pm »
Download the latest 0.8.2.4 version, free of this bug.

Habu

« Reply #1236 on: January 22, 2015, 01:47:21 pm »
8.2.4 fixed Case 3 bug for me. Thanks.

whiteside

« Reply #1237 on: January 23, 2015, 05:56:25 pm »
Tried the Halo replacement but no change.
BTW the new callouts are awesome!

einherz

« Reply #1238 on: January 24, 2015, 01:21:30 pm »
have to say thanks, because this thing what i long time wanted with carrier, and debrif is awesome
btw, almost all time i landing whith no problem, but debrif show (c), but almost all time is realy unaccurate, some high-low, speed or aoa inaccurate, but when i crashed with f35 it show absolutely ideal parameters all way from ball till touch, and debrif show (ok) lol
any way is my foult, just some funy for my stupid self hehehe
hope it will some more stable, it some time crashed, and almost all time crashed if started befor prepar3d or with xml launcher
very impressive programm realy

AndiGelaendi

« Reply #1239 on: January 26, 2015, 03:15:57 pm »
Paddles, again thanks for your amazing software! Much appreciated!

I posted some pictures from vLSO-passes showing some issues into the VRS-board but then got directed to this one. I do not want to post everything again here because it is out of context then, but if you think that this is a better place to answer, then feel free to answer in this board and not in the VRS-forum.

GOONIE

« Reply #1240 on: January 26, 2015, 05:24:53 pm »
Andi,

I saw your posts on VRS, and I feel your pain. I also noticed the change in vLSO grading, and how hard it is to get an pure OK these days. I think I posted some pics awhile back on this thread (good luck finding on 83 pages) and I will try to find some more recent approaches that mirror your experience to post. I have seen the same, basically solid passes (no comment), but still get (OK). I also had one pass that got a comment but got an OK.  ???

Paddles knows I am not knocking vLSO, love the program for sure, but have experienced a steep change in the grading curve. Basically need to step my flying skills up a notch.  ;)

GOONIE
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

AndiGelaendi

« Reply #1241 on: January 26, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »
Basically it is fine for me that getting an OK is now harder than in the previous versions - so I think "pain" is not the right word for this. As I said, I think that especially the OK-underlined was given too much in the previous versions.

But what I am wondering about is why I get a (OK) for a pass without any comments but an OK for a pass that has some comments and is definetely worse than the other (OK)-pass. But maybe Paddles can say a word about this - especially about the issue with the grove timer.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:15:40 pm by AndiGelaendi »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1242 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:09 pm »
Andi,
Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like the problem is that vLSO takes the groove time into account even during Case3 recoveries (which is wrong). As I can see, your pass shown at the VRS forums was a Case3 with auto ball and 30kts of WOD. Given this pretty much strong wind and the approach distance with auto ball (~0.75nm) I can assume that the groove time was just a tiny bit above 19 sec, or (LIG). Having (LIG) the program always moves the grade one step down, i.e. in your case to a Fair grade. Could you send me your logbook with this pass for more detailed investigation?

BTW, are you having this grading issue during Case1/2?

AndiGelaendi

« Reply #1243 on: January 27, 2015, 11:20:07 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation - so it seems to be possible that the Groove-Timer is the reason for this behaviour. If there really is some kind of bug, then it would of course be helpful to get this solved. Otherwise an OK-pass at Case 3 would be nearly impossible which would lead to a large error in our squadron's greenieboard (and nobody would stay above 3 as long as we do a lot of Case 3 flying at night).

Actually my OK2 was at day-time but I will try a few more day and night passes to check whether this really is an issue only at Case 3.

I've sent you a PM with a link to my logbook - I would greatly appreciate if you could take a look to solve this issue (if it really is a bug).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:22:12 am by AndiGelaendi »

AndiGelaendi

« Reply #1244 on: January 30, 2015, 05:33:06 pm »
Now I got the time to do some Case 1 passes and I got a lot of OKs. So I am quite sure now, that this is only a Case 3 bug and not a training-issue.

I got also some 1-wire-passes with an OK although I thought that 1-wire and 4-wire are always bad. So is this a realistic behaviour that you can get an OK for a 1- or 4-wire-pass?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:51:53 pm by AndiGelaendi »