Author Topic: Couatl error in FSX  (Read 9836 times)

sumits81

Couatl error in FSX
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:21:18 pm »
Hi FSDT,

I've been a very happy customer (of KJFK, LSZH and KDFW). I've recently made the move to Win7 64-Bit and have reinstalled all my addons successfully. I've also installed the free Greystone and the latest Addon Manager. However, I randomly get an error in FSX (please see attached pic) with the Couatl.exe. The scenery still loads but wondered why this happens. Looking at the error log I see the below:

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Mon Oct 24 20:10:50 2011
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 327, in getAircraftData
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 314, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 323, in wheels
AttributeError: 'AircraftData' object has no attribute 'contactPoints'

Can anyone please help me. Many thanks in advance.

Sumit
EGLL

EDIT: i've just tried spawning at all 3 of the above purchased airports and all the buildings are missing! Looking at the addon manager it does show as all 3 being activated. NEED HELP PLEASE. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:36:33 pm by sumits81 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl error in FSX
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:40:56 pm »
Does it happen with a specific airplane ? Have you tried with a default airplane ?

sumits81

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:48:31 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I've just tried with a default aircraft and although I didnt get the error message i still cannot see any buildings after loading..

I've also just tried deactivating and reactivating KJFK but still no buildings..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:51:39 pm »
I've just tried with a default aircraft and although I didnt get the error message i still cannot see any buildings after loading...

You had to restart FSX before trying the default aircraft.

I've also just tried deactivating and reactivating KJFK but still no buildings...

This doesn't have anything to do with activation, it's some kind of a problem in that aircraft.cfg that makes Couatl crashing, that's why I've asked to try with a default airplane.

If your FSX startup Flight loads an addon airplane, create a new Flight with a default airplane first, save it as the default flight, exit from FSX and try again.

sumits81

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:02:18 pm »
Ok, here's what I've done:

(1) Load up the microlight at KJFK and the building show OK. Close FSX
(2) Load up an addon aircraft at KJFK and no buildings

Any suggestions. Thanks.

Edit: my fsx always loads the default aircraft and not an addon. Hope this helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:46:37 pm »
(2) Load up an addon aircraft at KJFK and no buildings

What addon aircraft ? The problem lies in that aircraft.cfg file, it's not that Couatl doesn't allow *any* addon aircraft, there must be something specific with the .cfg file for that specific model.

sumits81

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 11:08:33 pm »
Hi Umberto,

That is strange cuz it happens with all my addon aircrafts: Leveld, PMDG, Flight Sim Labs & Carenado!

I've loaded FSX after a reboot each time and loaded up an addon aircraft at KJFK and every time the buildings disappear.

Looking forward to your reply...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 11:22:05 pm »
That is strange cuz it happens with all my addon aircrafts: Leveld, PMDG, Flight Sim Labs & Carenado!

I've asked because, with the only addon aircraft I have installed, the Qualitywings 757, there are no problems at all. I'll try with the LD767, the main issue is being able to replicate the problem, once I can see it too, it will be probably be an easy fix.

sumits81

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 11:37:56 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Sorry mate, my bad. To be clear, the problem only exists with the PMDG747 and the MD11. The others are fine. Please can I ask you to try with these 2 birds and see if you can find a solution.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 11:43:01 pm »
the problem only exists with the PMDG747 and the MD11. The others are fine. Please can I ask you to try with these 2 birds and see if you can find a solution.

Ok, that's sounds more reasonable...I'll check it.

sumits81

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 12:35:09 am »
Cheers Umberto. This sounds very much like the problem faced by another bloke from the Prepar3D/KSFO forum... I'm assuming here but it feels like the versions may have got mixed up ie., FSX and Prepar3D FSDT packages...

Anyway, I'll leave the solution upto the experts.

Looking forward to a solution..

Many thanks

sumits81

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 08:45:16 am »
Hi Umberto,

Please let us know if you have a breakthrough in finding the cause...

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 08:57:18 am »
Please let us know if you have a breakthrough in finding the cause...

The cause is the aircraft.cfg of those airplanes that contains things not syntactically correct according to .INI file conventions (the aircraft.cfg IS an .INI file), the remedy will be we should enhance Couatl to be more robust against those errors (not caused by it...)

sumits81

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 03:11:25 pm »
Thanks Umberto. Any temporary solutions in the interim? Thats funny because i had fsdt products working fine on my Vista 32bit before.  i have only noticed the issue after installing Win7 64bit over the last weekend...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 03:22:59 pm »
As Iv'e said, it has nothing to do with our products, the activation, or the OS the run under. It's a specific problem of some PMDG airplane which contains non-standard commands according to .INI file rules, that confuses the parser that needs to check the aircraft.cfg to get things like contact points for the ParkMe/Pushback.

We only needed to make our module more resilient against those errors, if you download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager again now, we already updated it.

In this specific case, there were SOME PMDG liveries, like the 737NGX Neos, that had their "description" field wrongly formatted:

description=Boeing 737-800 powered by CFM engines v 1.0\nPMDG
Simulations\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \n\nProduced under license
from Boeing Management Company.\n\nBoeing 737, 737-800, 737-900 &
Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.

This is not correct, the description should be all in a single line, like this:

description=Boeing 737-800 powered by CFM engines v 1.0\nPMDG Simulations\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \n\nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\n\nBoeing 737, 737-800, 737-900 & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.

Since an .INI file can only begin with a blank line, a comment or a key, it can't contain just text from a previous line. FSX will probably skip the wrong lines and display just the first one, we simply had to update our parser to do the same and not be confused by it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:32:03 pm by virtuali »