Author Topic: No buildings and couatl  (Read 21257 times)

gino13

No buildings and couatl
« on: October 21, 2011, 02:26:43 pm »
Hi, I'm sorry that I start this topic. i've buy JFK but when i loaded the airport nothing shows up only the gates but vnot the terminals and the tower. only the shadows of it.
I already read the other topics but nothing did work. if i run the setup with antivirus off i did'nt help.
When i run ther standalone manager, it says that something isn't found.
In the addon menu in fsx there is no couatl engine. Somethimes there are buildings and also the couatl engine but every time when i press ctrl+shift+p to start the parkme feature the is a error message that the couatl engines has crashed. and in the %appdata%roaming/virtualli is then a couatl.err

Sorry for my english, i come from the netherlands.

Gino

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings and couatl
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:19:52 pm »
When i run ther standalone manager, it says that something isn't found

And what, exactly, is "not found" ?? It's not very easy to understand what's wrong with your system, if you description of the problem is so vague, Please, describe the exact error message.

in the %appdata%roaming/virtualli is then a couatl.err

That whole point of having that file, is to indicate what's happened, so you should post what that file contains, otherwise we can't understand the specific reason of the problem.

In any case, the problem will be surely fixed if you manage to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager program, but to fix this, we should know what the "not found" error is saying.

gino13

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:12:25 am »
In the standalone manager there is standing that the prepar3D is'nt found. please select its folder. I can't find that folder or the prepar3D.
but after that i can click cancel and then the setup begin but i don't know if the standalone is running correctly.

Couatl.err:

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Mon Oct 17 22:39:21 2011
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\ParkMe\__init__.py", line 166, in showMenu
  File "couatl\common\mpmenu.py", line 29, in showMultipageMenu
AttributeError: 'SimUiHandler' object has no attribute 'waitSelection'

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Mon Oct 17 22:53:35 2011
  File "couatl\ParkMe\__init__.py", line 166, in showMenu
  File "couatl\common\mpmenu.py", line 29, in showMultipageMenu
AttributeError: 'SimUiHandler' object has no attribute 'waitSelection'

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Tue Oct 18 09:37:15 2011
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 327, in getAircraftData
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 314, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 323, in wheels
AttributeError: 'AircraftData' object has no attribute 'contactPoints'

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Tue Oct 18 09:46:05 2011

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Tue Oct 18 09:50:15 2011

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Tue Oct 18 09:55:36 2011

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Tue Oct 18 09:59:23 2011

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Tue Oct 18 10:19:50 2011

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Tue Oct 18 10:49:47 2011

couatl v2.0 (build 2223)
panic log started on Tue Oct 18 11:01:10 2011

I hope I'm not vague anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 07:15:05 pm »
In the standalone manager there is standing that the prepar3D is'nt found. please select its folder. I can't find that folder or the prepar3D. but after that i can click cancel and then the setup begin but i don't know if the standalone is running correctly.

This problem is happening because your FSX registry key is missing or pointing to the wrong folder, which can happen if you move FSX in a different folder after installing it. Since FSX is not found, is looking for Prepar3d and, since that is not found either, the installation has failed.

You need to fix your registry key to point to the correct FSX folder, using the REGEDIT program.

Check the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0,AppPath

and be sure it's pointing to the folder your FSX is installed. If not, correct it.

Then, reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager again, and be sure is not giving any errors.

gino13

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 09:01:47 pm »
In the standalone manager there is standing that the prepar3D is'nt found. please select its folder. I can't find that folder or the prepar3D. but after that i can click cancel and then the setup begin but i don't know if the standalone is running correctly.

This problem is happening because your FSX registry key is missing or pointing to the wrong folder, which can happen if you move FSX in a different folder after installing it. Since FSX is not found, is looking for Prepar3d and, since that is not found either, the installation has failed.

You need to fix your registry key to point to the correct FSX folder, using the REGEDIT program.

Check the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0,AppPath

and be sure it's pointing to the folder your FSX is installed. If not, correct it.

Then, reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager again, and be sure is not giving any errors.

I've checked it but it is in the right folder and the standalone manager can't find the prepar3d.

gino13

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 09:18:19 pm »
Before i run FSX i run the couatl engine. I can see that it is running in the taskmanagement. I run fsx with kennedy intl but i did'nt change the aircraft and i can see the buildings. but i did it another timeand I change the airport to kennedy intl, and then i click on current aircraft and the couatl engine stops running. and the buildings are gone. If this problem doesn't have a sollusion can i get my money back or not?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »
I've checked it but it is in the right folder and the standalone manager can't find the prepar3d.

Check better, because there must be a problem, the Prepar3d is NOT searched for, if there's no Prepar3d key in the registry. AND, it's just not possible it would look for Prepar3d, if FSX IS found.

Check you DON'T have a Prepar3d registry key (since you said you never had Prepar3d, you shouldn't have it) at the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\

If you have it, REMOVE IT, the try again.

If this problem doesn't have a sollusion can i get my money back or not?

Since all our products are sold in Trial version, there are obviously no refunds possible, since you are given plenty of chances to check they work on your system before purchasing them.

However, we'll surely find out what's wrong on your system so, the issue is not relevant, since a solution will surely be found.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:07:54 pm by virtuali »

gino13

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 10:31:14 am »
I haven't a folder lockheed martin, so what to do now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 02:59:31 pm »

I haven't asked you if you have a folder named Lockeed Martin, I've asked you if you have a REGISTRY KEY for it.

gino13

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 03:40:44 pm »

I haven't asked you if you have a folder named Lockeed Martin, I've asked you if you have a REGISTRY KEY for it.

But where can i find the regisrty key

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 05:47:06 pm »
Using the regedit program that comes with Windows, navigate to the following key:

However, this is not really a problem, even if it says it hasn't found Prepar3D, does it go on with the installation in FSX ?

gino13

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 06:54:00 pm »
Using the regedit program that comes with Windows, navigate to the following key:

However, this is not really a problem, even if it says it hasn't found Prepar3D, does it go on with the installation in FSX ?

When i click cancel when it ask for the prepar3D the installation starts but i haven't got buildings yet and I just downloaded the trial of los angeles and when i started it there where no buildings. that isn't a problem because it is a trial but i've seen now that all the products I've installed have no buildings, so it's something with my computer.
So we need to work on that
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:00:51 pm by gino13 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »
When i click cancel when it ask for the prepar3D the installation starts but i haven't got buildings yet

Ok, the installation starts but does it go all the way to the end without any errors ?

and I just downloaded the trial of los angeles and when i started it there where no buildings. that isn't a problem because it is a trial

No. This IS a problem. As explained many times, if the scenery is in Trial, it will NOT disappear! It will run in Trial mode for 5 minutes at time, and this DOES NOT expire. You can launch it an unlimited number of times, it will run for 5 minutes at once, then you'll have to restart FSX, and they get another 5 minutes, etc.

If the scenery installed in Trial is not there, it doesn't mean it's a Trial, it means there's something wrong in your system that is preventing it to work in Trial.

In any case, now that I see your couatl.err log file, it only shows errors from a few days ago, can you please REMOVE it and run FSX again and check if the file is recreated ?

gino13

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 08:53:21 pm »
After the installation starts there are no errors.

And i removed it and launch fsx, and select JFK still no buildings an couatl.err in appdata/roaming/virtuali
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:02:47 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 09:03:31 pm »
- Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manger. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- Reinstall the the Stand-Alone Addon Manger.

- Launch FSX and check if you ARE being asked permission to run the Addon Manager AND the Couatl program, be sure to reply YES to both