Author Topic: Contact points and Couatl engine crash  (Read 5262 times)

edurubini

Contact points and Couatl engine crash
« on: October 19, 2011, 09:18:47 pm »
I've been having a problem with my ZurichX scenery from FSDreamteam. I have contacted support and they've said that every aircraft that doesn't have contact points causes the Couatl engine to crash, as I've seen various times by now. Problem is, the PMDG 747 also makes it crash, and I do think it has contact points. Anyways, does anybody know of a solution for this contact point problem? Because every time I choose one of these aircraft, the engine crashes and my buildings disappear....

Thank you,

Eduardo Rubini

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Contact points and Couatl engine crash
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:24:26 pm »
From the description of the problem you gave by email, you said that it was ONLY the PMDG 747 that was crashing, not "every aircraft that doesn't have contact points".

All FSX airplanes have contact points, I don't see how they could work without, unless they replaced the flight model *entirely*, which is really a first, and as I've already asked you by email, are you SURE that it's normal your PMDG 747 doesn't have contact points ?

Because, as I've said already by email, nobody ever reported this problem before and, since the PMDG747 is fairly well known, it seems strange that nobody noticed it so far so, it's possible it's a problem with your PMDG747 installation ?

edurubini

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »
I'm sorry if it seemed rude to ask in the forums, but I was just searching for someone who maybe had a problem alike to mine. Since my last email, I've made a few tests, and now noticed that every single airplane without contact points crashes the system. And I've also checked the cfg. from both the 747 and the Pairbus A320, the other aircraft I am doing tests with, and both have the section contact points. I'm not desregarding the help and support I am being given by email; I just wanted to know if somebody else had the same problem.

Eduardo Rubini

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:58:38 pm »
I have the PMDG 747 and mine has contact points, in fact it has 8 lines worth of contact points listed in it's .cfg. In fact, every a/c in my inventory has contact points and that includes PMDG, Level-D, RealAir, Iris, Aerosoft, Cera, and default a/c.

I dont know how you have a/c with no contact points unless either your a/c cfg's are messed up or your looking at the wrong files.

Just an observation from the a/c I own since one of them is the same as the one you mentioned.

edurubini

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:30:29 pm »
Tried reinstalling the 747, but nothing. Buildings still disappearing. Any ideas?

Eduardo Rubini

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 07:59:47 am »
Tried reinstalling the 747, but nothing. Buildings still disappearing. Any ideas?

Please, confirm that your PMDG747 is still missing contact points.

If you (or another addon) changed its files, it's likely reinstalling wouldn't fix anything, because installers usually don't overwrite newer files, and editing them have surely changed the time/date, the only sure way is to uninstall first, THEN manually check for any leftover files AND remove them if found, THEN reinstall.

And, of course, confirm the problem happens ONLY if you select the PMDG747 and ONLY if you activate the ParkMe function.

boblyons

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 09:29:15 pm »
I have the same problem. It is only with the PMDG747 on my system. I have tried other aircraft including the new PMDG 737NGX with no problem.
I reinstalled the Addon Manager also. No difference. It occurs at all your airports now. The only other new installation I have made is the QW757 (which also uses your system, I believe. 

By the way, the PMDG747 does have contact points in its cfg file and does work perfectly well at non coatl airports.

Any ideas?

Bob Lyons

Highiron

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 12:37:33 am »
This is not a problem unique to you, trust me. I've been messing with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, and it's been doing the same thing. It seems the number of aircraft that cause failure of the Couatl.exe engine are quite numerous.

You can check this thread on the KLAX FSX/Prepar3D support forum if interested.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4888.0
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler