Author Topic: couatl modified executable  (Read 2619 times)

jhz94

couatl modified executable
« on: October 09, 2011, 08:01:04 pm »
Hi there!
I have got a problem with the couatl executable telling me that it has been modifed when I start FSX. I have tried to scan my computer with both FSecure and Microsfot Security Essentials and none of them can locate any viruses on my computer.
But I noted that it all begun when parts my windows registry was destroyed by a Trojan Horse some weeks ago, but it has been repaired since. I have deleted the couatl folder and reinstalled the stand alone addon manager, but it doesn't help. And the executable is still signed by VIRTUALI SAS.

Any ideas of what to do?
Is there a chance of getting an original executable sent to me or mayby and the registry entries (if any) that couatl needs to work?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl modified executable
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:17:37 pm »
It's likely you still have a virus on your system. The executable might still be signed but, it's likely the signature reports as being invalid.

A correct version of it is downloaded every time you run any of the installers but, if the virus is still active, it will modify it as soon as you executing it.

I'm sorry, but there's no other way to fix this, than being sure you remove your virus. A system reinstall is probably the safest choice.