Author Topic: Duplicate Buildings  (Read 4272 times)

data63

Duplicate Buildings
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:50:17 am »
Hi!

now exploring LAX for about a week I found some of the default buildings still appearing in the scenery (e.g. the control tower and an small bulding and a Hangar east of the center of the new TBIT.
I checked for duplicate AFCADs and the scenery is on the top of the library.

(UTX USA is intalled (maybe some repositioned Objects??)

I started th "exclude" those objects in the AFCAD - but I suppose the is a better solution.

Any idea?

Happy Landings

Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Duplicate Buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:39 am »
I can only confirm that duplicate buildings can only be caused by another scenery in conflict. The issue is, if it's an AFCAD, it's should be easy to find it, since there are tool made for that purpose, but if it's another generic .BGL, then you'll have to hunt it down manually.

Our provided exclude areas are made for the default KLAX but, if you have a modified one with objects in slightly different locations, we can't exclude them. And, we can't create an "universal" exclude file that would exclude everything in the airport area, it won't work because, due to a bug in FSX, if we did that, we would exclude our own jetways too.

data63

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:42:55 am »
Thanks for that information.

So i'll try to hunt down that bugger  :-\  - wherever it hides....

Happy landings and thank you for that great scenery

Juergen

data63

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:55:06 pm »
got it!

it was an overseen OBJ.bgl of a former freeware LAX installation that replaced some default buildings

now FSDT LAX is "clean" (and a real beauty  ::))

Happy Landings

Juergen