Author Topic: imagine sim kden is availalble  (Read 13251 times)

blackforce

imagine sim kden is availalble
« on: July 15, 2011, 05:58:51 pm »
just released on sim market and flight 1, hmmm looks just like 2004 lol, but i may get it anyway cause i need something for kden, now if only i could get KSLC from someone then i would be in good shape. oh and you can get a demo.

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
Re: imagine sim kden is availalble
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 06:38:42 pm »
Thanks for the headsup :)

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 07:31:57 pm »
just released on sim market and flight 1, hmmm looks just like 2004 lol, but i may get it anyway cause i need something for kden, now if only i could get KSLC from someone then i would be in good shape. oh and you can get a demo.

It's been out actually redone and reworked for 2 weeks now, but as of yesterday afternoon FSX version was released, I'm so happy  ;D

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 10:15:18 pm »
Yeah it's great, I have just bought it  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

AaronMyers

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 07:48:13 am »
Can't really recommend it myself. Pretty disappointed with it.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 08:50:14 am »
However, it's MUCH better than BP or the default FSX airport.  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 09:32:47 am »
I tried the demo, but cannot actually decide to buy or not. It has all the buildings blinking. What an irritating demo!!
Moe Works

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 02:49:37 pm »
It has all the buildings blinking. What an irritating demo!!

They've always done their demo versions that way, and while the flashing buildings are annoying, the demo is flyable.  Demos from one certain developer are not, due to crash boxes on the runways.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 08:06:11 pm »
I tried the demo the other day as well.

This is the conclusion I came to.

a. It looks better then the default version of KDEN

b. The performance is pretty good, although when the buildings aren't blinking in and out in the demo, it migh be worse

c. The airports photo real textures blend pretty well with MegaSceneryEarth Denver area summer textures and night textures. Of course since MSE has no seasonal textures, it might be advisable to disable MSE when you fly there in the winter.

However the bad part is:

a. The runway and approach lights are HORRIBLE... When your about a mile or more out they look like one solid light. In fact, I think I heard that if you did some of their latest updates, like the update to KATL for example, you would be left with these horrible looking lights. Ugh.. too bad they couldn't have done something else about this part. Glad I never did run the KATL update if that's the result.

b. A little bit of extra work might be needed to clean up a shimmer here and there, as well as convert some of the textures to DXT w/mips to improve performance and looks. I didn't bother with that since I just tried the demo, but I would imagine the sale version uses the same textures.

c. The textures, namely the taxiway and apron are pretty bland, the runways aren't too bad, but its not as good as FSDT or FlyTampa puts out. The buildings are the same, not blurry, but just bland looking.

Overall, it's not too bad, but I think I am going to wait a while on this one. With FSDT posting some new updates for KLAX this evening that make it look like its almost done and PMDG finally wrapping up the NGX, I think I will save my pesos for now and use them on those products. At some point I will probably get KDEN, but its not an airport that I am really interested in that much to spend $30 on at the moment. I'll save it for one of those days when I am bored and want to buy a new airport.

If I was going to buy it, I would be sure to do it via the Flight1 version so that I could get a refund if the paid version performed worse than the demo version.

AaronMyers

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 05:29:59 pm »
For a $30 add-on I'm looking for something more than "better than default", and frankly I'm glad that developers like FSDT strive for more as well. This add-on to me does not look much different than the version released years ago, and in some cases worse. Performance went from 26fps at FSDT's KLAS to 11 at KDEN when I was on approach which is not something I consider usable. Shame since I'm a Denver native and really wanted to like it.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 10:49:38 pm »
For a $30 add-on I'm looking for something more than "better than default", and frankly I'm glad that developers like FSDT strive for more as well. This add-on to me does not look much different than the version released years ago, and in some cases worse. Performance went from 26fps at FSDT's KLAS to 11 at KDEN when I was on approach which is not something I consider usable. Shame since I'm a Denver native and really wanted to like it.

Yeah I agree to some extent. If it was around $15 dollars I would probably go ahead and get it, but $30 seems a bit high for that quality. I never had the version for FS9, but I dont doubt that it doesn't look much different. In fact, I had their TJSJ for FS9 and now also for FSX and the FSX version looks about the same quality as the older FS9 version. It's almost like they just ran the FS9 models thru Arno's models converter program and repackaged it for FSX since the textures are fairly low resolution.

Hopefully this version doesn't keep FSDT from considering this airport at some point in the future after they finish their existing projects and updates to the older stuff. Frankly I wouldn't mind an FSDT version of KATL as well since the Imaginesim version is kind of old looking also.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 11:07:26 pm »

Yeah I agree to some extent. If it was around $15 dollars I would probably go ahead and get it, but $30 seems a bit high for that quality. I never had the version for FS9, but I dont doubt that it doesn't look much different. In fact, I had their TJSJ for FS9 and now also for FSX and the FSX version looks about the same quality as the older FS9 version. It's almost like they just ran the FS9 models thru Arno's models converter program and repackaged it for FSX since the textures are fairly low resolution.

Hopefully this version doesn't keep FSDT from considering this airport at some point in the future after they finish their existing projects and updates to the older stuff. Frankly I wouldn't mind an FSDT version of KATL as well since the Imaginesim version is kind of old looking also.
There's been a KATL V2 for awhile now :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

blackforce

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 07:10:45 am »

well i got it and it looks really good for what it is, fps are the same for me so if you are losing fps at kden then it has to be on your end i would think. anything beats the default lol, and good luck with klax if you can't fly in to kden smooth, i have fsdt klas,kdfw,kord,kfll , and i think one more, i lose fps alot when at any of them, and yes i have a oretty good system 2600k 8gb of ram 480 gtx 320 vrap for fsx only win7 64bit. but anyway good luck.

AaronMyers

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 07:41:11 am »
I have all the airports you list and all perform way better than what I saw at KDEN. Some have suggested that their performance is ok with airport vehicles turned off, which may be the case, but as I don't need to do that with any other add-on airport I have, I'm not doing it there either. Moreover, it just looks bad. Bad texturing on the ground, bad texturing on the terminal buildings, and yes, very bad performance. Better than default could come in the form of an improved afcad downloaded for free, but for a paware add-on I expect more. We have FSDT in part to thank for that.   ;)

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 08:33:57 am »
It has all the buildings blinking. What an irritating demo!!

They've always done their demo versions that way, and while the flashing buildings are annoying, the demo is flyable.  Demos from one certain developer are not, due to crash boxes on the runways.

Well, you can fly it if you want to. I wouldn't pay $2 for it!
Moe Works