Author Topic: X-plane scenery?  (Read 6342 times)

Frank Lindberg

X-plane scenery?
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:16:37 am »
I was wondering, will FSDT make airports/scenery for X-plane?

VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: X-plane scenery?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:01:18 am »
No plans right now.

We know X-Plane very well, our texture artist (Kappa) made a complete italian scenery several years ago, when there was nothing available, and one of our designers, Alessandro, also do something for an italian firm that works on X-Plane, in the semi-professional market, so he's working on X-Plane right now.

Developing sceneries for X-Plane is a nightmare compared to Flight sim, the sim it's a moving target, and has so many limitations in expansion flexibility, especially for sceneries, that it was only "saved" but the fact there are so few 3rd party sceneries for it.

If it had only a fraction of the sceneries available for MS Flight Simulator, it would become unusable very fast, because of the almost zero flexibility allowing (for example) multiple sceneries in the same area. This obviously gives X-Plane a big performance boost for "free" which means, even if it were eventually improved to allow what has always been possible with Flight sim since version 4, it might become even slower than FSX.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:03:45 am by virtuali »

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:39:17 pm »
ok, how about X-plane 10, is it the same problem? 
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:15:43 pm »
ok, how about X-plane 10, is it the same problem? 

I don't think it will change much with X-Plane 10, which seems to be a mostly graphic upgrade to gain features FSX already has today.

We don't really care, as developers, how nice the sim looks like "out of the box", it's possible that XP10 will look better than FSX out of the box, but that's not the point. What we care is, how much room for improvement it offers and how can scale up without breaking, which is the only thing that can sustain a 3rd party business.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:18:32 pm »
ok, thanks for your info.  :) Have a nice weekend.

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:19:29 pm »
Very interesting info Umberto never thought it was that bad to develop scenery for x-plane so I always wondered about that, it makes sense as to why it hardly has any good sceneries since its so difficult to develop. but at least we know now were fsdt stands in regards to x-plane. and that was a good question Frank.  ;)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 02:28:55 am »
I can safely say I'm glad I don't us X-Plane. ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

theshack440

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 03:27:36 am »
That's very interesting, I had no clue why there were so few sceneries but now I know. Thanks Frank for the question and Umberto for the response. I'll be sure to stay as far away from x plane as ever.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations