Author Topic: Sim Question in reguards to Smoke visual  (Read 3146 times)

cowings1588

Sim Question in reguards to Smoke visual
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:57:19 am »
I don't know what happen it was working fine before, but something knocked something off & now when I start my engines, instead of seeing a normal smoke, now I see like block patches of smoke.. Not the smooth Smoke that the game was doing originally.. I really don't want to have to take the entire flightsim off & restart from scratch.. So i was kind of hoping maybe someone on here good give me something to try to work with to avoid that awful mess.. However everything looks good on the display option.. Thats really the only thing really i could think to check to see if something got wacked out of shape but everything look alright.. However anytime I start my engines lately i'm not getting the real smoke affect but instead like the graphics are off or something..

COA
Bill

sjt375

• Flight Director
Re: Sim Question in reguards to Smoke visual
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:15:06 am »
you got a picture? I've experienced a similar problem with tire smoke disapearing

meshman

Re: Sim Question in reguards to Smoke visual
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 05:04:14 pm »
It's an unfortunate fact that too many addons go and alter a default file, such as an effect. Any time I do an install or reinstall I make backup Zip files of default textures and effects folders, just in case something like this happens.

You could check the aircraft.cfg file and see what effect it might be calling and then check to see if that file has been "updated". But them finding which addon updated it and why is another thing.