Author Topic: And for $15 more you get this  (Read 9588 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
And for $15 more you get this
« on: February 28, 2011, 05:49:25 am »
Umberto,

Here's an idea for you, kind of along the lines of what you have done for Hawaii.

Since you are working on KLAX how about offering Van Nuys Airport as an additional addon for $15 more for those who also buy KLAX when its released. Similar to what you did with Greystone for KORD purchasers, except KVNY would be payware and not free.

If your not familiar with KVNY its the busiest GA airport in the world and was also featured in the great video One Six Right which you could view here for free: http://www.hulu.com/watch/118168/one-six-right

More info can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVNY

It's been a much requested GA airport for years now and has been skipped by all payware developers and freeware developers as far as I know. Judging from requests I see on various FS forums, I would bet that a lot of people would be interested in it, even if you offered it as a stand alone product for full price.

Just though I would mention it in case you guys might want to give it some consideration.

Regards

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: And for $15 more you get this
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:21:50 am »
Wheras I fully 100% agree with you, I doubt Umberto will do it. But for some off chance he does, please include the FS9 version next time. We missed out on the Greystone...

Did you see this?

http://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:11:25 am »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 05:02:37 pm »
I see one of the regulars here voted for MSP.   :D ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 08:10:24 pm »

SirIsaac726

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »
Well, I'd vote for Burbank if I didn't have to register to vote and if it had a chance at winning. :D

BOOM

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 12:43:31 pm »
I'd LOVE to see a FSDT Quality KVNY!

Patrick

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 04:21:17 pm »
They've narrowed the field down to Denver and Phoenix.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

meshman

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 04:57:56 pm »
If your not familiar with KVNY its...

... not any thing to get excited about! Maybe 30+ years ago when I lived about 1/2 mile west of the airport, but now? When I started going back out around the San Fernando Valley a few, short years ago I was, er..., dismayed at what it had become. And I had a close up view of VNY, such as from one side of a chain-link fence. There really wasn't much appealing about the place, other than the occasional biz jet coming in or the LAFD helos taking off.

Heard last night that there is some legislation trying to make it's way up to law that would slap a curfew on Van Nuys and Burbank from 2200 to 0600. The residents deserve to get a good night's sleep...

And seeing how the area has changed, going during daylight hours might be the prudent thing to do!  :-X

SirIsaac726

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 09:47:07 pm »
If your not familiar with KVNY its...
The residents deserve to get a good night's sleep...

Who told the residents to live right by an airport that was there before they were?

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 09:51:06 pm »
Who told the residents to live right by an airport that was there before they were?

I agree.

It kind of like people who buy a house on the golf course and then complain that people keep hitting balls into their back yard and breaking their windows.

If you cant take the sound of aircraft flying over your house at all hours then dont move near an airport, simple as that.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 02:22:51 am »
Take Chicago O'Hare as a major example. For years communities surrounding the airport would mount a campaign against any expansion of the airport ie noise,property values,not necessary etc.
Bottom line becomes when you live somewhere that has alot of activity,[O'Hare] you have to deal with it. ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:43:26 pm by PUP4ORD »
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 05:01:28 pm »
One good thing about living that close to the airport is your house will always have value... if the airport wants to expand, they'll have to buy you out so they can have the property.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 09:02:52 pm »
One good thing about living that close to the airport is your house will always have value... if the airport wants to expand, they'll have to buy you out so they can have the property.

Interesting way to think about it...

However, the more practical way to think about it is that your property value is truly reduced as most people won't enjoy the noise and that naturally drives the price down.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 04:45:33 am »
How noisy can it really be?  Most airlines are flying modern jets with quieter engines, so except for the occasional DC-9 that Delta still uses, you shouldn't hear too much provided your house has soundproofing.