Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video  (Read 54034 times)

simaddict

Re: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2011, 01:38:57 am »
Oh, I meant to ask Sludge...Is there any way to copy/paste your config for better contact points, more stable landings, etc. from the Sludge to the Accel. Hornet, and the Hornet that has the "target" from the CS Weapons Pack??
And the sound files??
Thanks,
Mike

This, too! Ok, that's all I can think of.
Can't wait for the final release!
Mike
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:40:46 am by simaddict »
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2011, 01:54:28 am »
sludge, how about a fix for the bad specular maps?

also, is there a way to switch the hud back to green? i dont really like the blue :P

Orion

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2011, 02:25:29 am »
Look on the HUD Controls for the color switch.  Has an option to switch from blue to green (or vice versa).  In the upper left below the combat switches.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2011, 03:43:40 am »
Fellas...

Back from supper after a great day at the golf course.  Ill get to your questions one at a time.

Mike...

I remember I looked at that a while back but was unable to fix or make a workaround, sorry bout not telling you my results.  The CS FA-18D burners are controlled by a .gau file and I cannot dig into that and alter their work, or even know how they accomplish their burners.  I agree they dont look good and would replace them with the default burners, but I dont know how to do it.

Im working on the .ZIP file now.  All it will be is a .txt file that you can COPY/PASTE into the default Hornet's AIRCRAFT.CFG file.  The contact points, and flight dynamics that you can overwrite inside the aircraft.cfg file.  I would recommend backing-up your aircraft.cfg file before you start.  Also, the .ZIP folder will contain the most current fa-18.air file.

Fael...

On the paints, Id have to ask Ray, JJ, or another painter.  I really have NO PAINTING skills whatsoever.  For the upgraded missile rails and nozzles, I cut/pasted them, along with Ray doing pretty much the same... he did alot of the "grunt work" on these.  Wish I could help more but I dont have the capabilities.  Sorry.

Later
Sludge

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2011, 03:55:44 am »
About the spec maps....I'm sorry to admit that issues like bumps and specs are outside of my skill set. I have experienced what your photos show, many times. If it wasn't too noticable, I would just ignore it but for those schemes where it was more pronounced, I would just adjust the darkness of the texture elements involved or in a worst case, the whole texture panel.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that :-[ 
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2011, 03:58:41 am »
heh, i really could easily fix that spec maps, but i thought you guys already had someone on the works.
then when i find some time, i'll see what i can do about it.
cheers

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2011, 05:35:08 am »
Guys,
The default Hornet paintkit is ugly (wrong nose panels, extra air spill ducts on the starboard LEX, bumping inconsistencies etc). That's why I had to solve this problem before doing any repaints. As a quick solution you can use F-18_*_T_Bump.dds files from any of my F-18 repaints, because bump files has nothing to do with the paintwork itself.  :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:41:55 am by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2011, 06:06:15 am »
Serge...

Much thanks.  Will get to work on that tonite and get it implemented.

Fellas...

As a quick fix for those of you that want to "Sludge-ify" the default and CSW "Bullseye" Hornet, here's the .ZIP folder for just that purpose. Simply unzip, copy/paste the fa-18.air file into whatever folder you want, default or Bullseye Hornet.  Then you'll have to manually edit the default/Bullseye Hornet's aircraft.cfg file as specified in the the "Add to aircraft.cfg".txt file.  Should be easy, but if you have any problems, let me know.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:21:50 am by Sludge »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2011, 06:31:43 am »
Fael...

If you have some better SPEC maps .dds files for the _2, and the _3 parts of the FA18, send them.  Ill get them installed and check them out.

I think what youre saying on your pic is BAD: the whitish partially "glowing" panel lines, whereas the GOOD: the non-"glowing" darkened panel lines on the aircraft skin.  Seeming more realistic?

I just read up on SPEC maps and sorta understand the concept.

Later
Sludge

simaddict

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2011, 01:38:26 pm »
Sludge,
Thanks for the "Sludge-ify" tweeks!! I now wonder if it's possible to copy/paste the Sludge sound files? Have you tried that? Thanks!
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2011, 02:09:20 pm »
If you want to use Sludge sounds you won't need to copy all of them. It's more easier (and practical) to rename your default Hornet's sound config file sound.cfg to something like sound.cfg.old (or whatever), then create a new one sound.cfg and put these two lines into it:

[fltsim]
alias=SludgeFA18_Basic\Sound
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2011, 03:38:59 pm »
Fael...

If you have some better SPEC maps .dds files for the _2, and the _3 parts of the FA18, send them.  Ill get them installed and check them out.

I think what youre saying on your pic is BAD: the whitish partially "glowing" panel lines, whereas the GOOD: the non-"glowing" darkened panel lines on the aircraft skin.  Seeming more realistic?

I just read up on SPEC maps and sorta understand the concept.

Later
Sludge

yeah thats what i meant sludge. imho the less glowing panels are far more realistic, but my point is to make it even, at least, because 2 different spec maps making a seam in the middle of the fuselage looks just ugly :P

I was analyzing the spec maps, and they look even. so my guess is that, one more time, problem is the shader applied to the model, not the map itself. and one more time, cant be fixed because its built into the model lol
this sux

guess i'll make a C hornet from scratch
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:44:38 pm by fael097 »

simaddict

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2011, 07:50:28 pm »
If you want to use Sludge sounds you won't need to copy all of them. It's more easier (and practical) to rename your default Hornet's sound config file sound.cfg to something like sound.cfg.old (or whatever), then create a new one sound.cfg and put these two lines into it:

[fltsim]

Wow! Glad I asked! Try it when I get out of work!! Thanks. Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2011, 08:54:44 pm »
can someone please zip and attach the specular textures that are inside hornet's "Texture.7" folder?
i forgot to backup them, and now they're gone :P

simaddict

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2011, 01:21:46 am »

[fltsim]

Works!! Thank u so much fsxnavypilot!!!
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB