Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video  (Read 54066 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2011, 08:01:31 pm »
Orion...

Im keeping the paint as-is, its as realistic as being in the desert.  Thanks for the input.  Thats THREE in the darker nozzles column.

Later
Sludge

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2011, 09:22:01 pm »
I hope everyone keeps in mind that there are many more facets to this package than this one repaint.

If this particular repaint is not your cup of tea, then so be it; there are other sites out there with many schemes to choose from, (my own site being one). Hell, I would encourage you to produce some examples yourself. Seriously. It would only benefit the community as a whole.

It is also important to note, that this is my first attempt at producing these kinds of effects and I'd be the first to admit that there is room for improvement. With any repaint there will always room for improvement. At the end of the day though, this scheme was a custom job I did for Sludge and if he's happy with it, then so am I.

Again I want to reiterate that this repaint constitutes a tiny fraction of the overall package. It would be an insult to all those who gave of their time and talents, (and I would be personally disappointed) if one's opinion of this compilation hinged on one repaint.

This package is so much more than that.
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

JamesChams

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2011, 12:42:08 am »
...Again I want to reiterate that this repaint constitutes a tiny fraction of the overall package. It would be an insult to all those who gave of their time and talents, (and I would be personally disappointed) if one's opinion of this compilation hinged on one repaint.

This package is so much more than that.
Calm down... nobody's jumping to those conclusions.  I'm sure everyone is going to use the package at some point; not sure about that specific repaint, and there is always McPhat Studios work to suppliment for those that want more.  And, I'm sure your other work will prove to be worthy in everyones eyes too.
Also, there is really no reason for you not to take another crack at it at some later date when you have the time.  Snow can still have the one he has now so, maybe, give others what they want when able; that way everyone's "happy."

Later! ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:13:47 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2011, 01:18:34 am »
ray...

dont waste ur time. the more u induldge, the more time is wastd. like i said, keep truckin on the current path.

if virtuali keeps letting this go, we can always leave fsdt n take this work elsewhere, uninterruptd. all of those that know me on skype know where they can find me, if i decide to leave.

pm me when ur done n ill get those updates enterd.

later
sludge

micro

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2011, 02:00:56 am »
we can always leave fsdt n take this work elsewhere, uninterruptd.

Very much agreed.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2011, 06:30:23 am »
Fellas...

I have received several PMs and personal EMails asking me to talk to Umberto about banning Chams.  Here's my answer.  PM him yourself, he should hear from all the other users on this forum that want Chams banned. The content you put in your PMs/Emails to me... SEND IT TO HIM!!  Its not that I dont want to PM him regarding this, I already have...  however, since he's not listening and wont deal with this situation, I'm telling everyone here to speak their mind TO Umberto personally.  Maybe that will light the fire, maybe not?

Im not wasting anymore time here dealing with this circus, so if Virtuali doesnt deal with this situation by tomorrow night, Im out and leaving FSDT.  You'll be able to find me at SludgeHornet.com, and I guarantee you wont have to listen to Chams there, EVER.  We can continue our work in a productive manner and without the constant BS.

Now the ball's in Virtuali's court.  Either he steps up or he doesnt?  Its up to him.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:34:24 am by Sludge »

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2011, 06:44:49 am »
I'm pretty much done.....
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

JamesChams

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »
Well it was good seeing you all here and I wish you the best of luck at your new "home."  Also, I hope to see this project completed to the best of your abilities.  I will definitely be installing it when its finished, and that's no BS.  Thanks again for your consideration to my minor input requests and I won't take it personally if you can't make it up to my specifications/reality.

Good Luck! :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2011, 04:26:22 pm »
this guy has to be special. if you know what i mean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2011, 04:37:53 pm »
Ok, enough is enough...

Starting from today, JamesChames is being denied access to the F/A-18 Acceleration Pack board, without expiration. He'll be able to access the rest of the FSDT forum, since he's still a customer, but the F/A-18 board will be off limits to him.

I'll make sure he'll not try to circumvent the ban by posting anything related to the F/A-18 on other boards he still has access to.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:54:15 pm by virtuali »

Johan

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2011, 04:49:05 pm »

Now the ball's in Virtuali's court.  Either he steps up or he doesnt?  Its up to him.

Later
Sludge
[/quote

Sludge,

You have my full support, among others, and I see that Umberto has just taken some good constructive steps...
Have a great Sunday,

Johan

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2011, 09:07:55 pm »
Virtuali...

Thanks for doing what needed to be done.

Ok, enough is enough...

Starting from today, JamesChames is being denied access to the F/A-18 Acceleration Pack board, without expiration. He'll be able to access the rest of the FSDT forum, since he's still a customer, but the F/A-18 board will be off limits to him.

I'll make sure he'll not try to circumvent the ban by posting anything related to the F/A-18 on other boards he still has access to.

Fellas...

Now that issue has been dealt with, lets get back to the good stuff.  Last night, I stayed up late and got most of the wingtip/nozzle textures and cockpit textures (DDIs/UFC) put on all the Sludge Hornets (Basic and FX).  Additionally, when I get back from playing golf today, Ill wrap up the final touches of putting the whole package together so that it will be ready for a "wide release" PENDING permissions from David Sweetman for his CS Delta Hornet paints.  So thats where we stand.

Anybody have any "last minute" ideas they want me to ponder?  Paints, effects, mods, otherwise?  Once this goes out, Ill leave it as-is til v1.3 Sludge/Combat comes out.  Also, with JRs concurrence, Ill keep it named as such (Sludge/Combat Hornet) and the installer will be SHCHI.exe , so that people will know the Sludge is merged with the Combat Hornet.  Actually, alot of stuff in the Sludge is JRs anyway, this will just solidify that for newbies coming in...

Later
Sludge

simaddict

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »
Thank you, Umberto! Now let's hope the great talents that you have here will keep moving forward!
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

simaddict

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2011, 09:30:37 pm »
Great news, Sludge! Glad we didn't lose anyone here! And yes, one last minute issue I told you about awhile ago...When in wideview aspect=true, only the CS Hornet afterburners look weird. I would describe it as a flame on a candle, for lack of a better description. Does anyone else have this effect??

here are 3 screen caps.
Thanks,
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

simaddict

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2011, 09:41:08 pm »