Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video  (Read 54065 times)

simaddict

Re: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2011, 01:53:51 am »
Hey, Sludge. I'm glad you are keeping VFA 103 in the Delta line up! It is TOTALLY BAD-ASS!! and my favorite! It's in all of my saved flights! Just wondered about VFA 115 CAG? Pretty cool as well, I think. Looking forward to what ever you do, I'm sure it will be awesome!! Thanks to everyone there! Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

simaddict

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2011, 02:01:03 am »
Oh, I meant to ask Sludge...Is there any way to copy/paste your config for better contact points, more stable landings, etc. from the Sludge to the Accel. Hornet, and the Hornet that has the "target" from the CS Weapons Pack??
And the sound files??
Thanks,
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2011, 06:37:10 am »
Chams

enough is enough..I've notified the moderators over your last post. Hopefully they take the appropriate steps to deal with this nonsense. We are using this forum to do something meaningful and if you have neither constructive criticism nor input to offer, please take your vitriol elsewhere.

Sludge

I am presently going through my repaints, correcting errors and adding the new rail textures. If you could PM or email me to let me know which ones you would like to include in your upcoming release I will forward any and all textures you need.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:22:19 am by svicar »
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 07:35:45 am »
Ray...

Yeah, Im trying the textures out now.  Im gonna put Serge's nozzles on the Grunge Sludge, take some side by side pics, and let the forum members decide which ones they like best.  Yeah, Ill PM you.

Sim...

I feel the same way about the VFA-103 paints.  Cant lose that paint, it looks completely awesome.  Also, sure, Ill work on a quick .ZIP package that has the necessary contact points, the mods to the engine performance in the aircraft.cfg, and the fa-18.air file, so you can mod it to be more "Sludge-like" in performance parameters.  Ill need a day or two, since Im working on several things right now.  Expect it around Sunday/Sunday night.  Cool?

Later
Sludge

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:40:58 am by Sludge »

Orion

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 07:39:32 am »
So what exactly is new between the Sludge Hornet 1.2 in the beginning of the thread and what you're talking about now?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 07:43:07 am »
Orion...

Basically, the different textures for the rails and what nozzle interiors we will add to the final release.  Plus, what paints get released with the Capt Sim Delta Hornet.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 08:30:22 am »
Fellas...

I got Serge's nozzles installed and personally, I like them.  I will leave JJ's nozzles on his VMFA-323 CAG bird, either way, but as far as the other Alpha Hornets, let me know if you like these ones.

Here's Serge's interior (tad darker) nozzles.

Later
Sludge

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 08:41:31 am »
Sludge

got your note and will have all updates ready for you by tomorrow eve. Also, I like the nozzles in the snap above.
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

simaddict

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 12:59:05 pm »
Sim...

I feel the same way about the VFA-103 paints.  Cant lose that paint, it looks completely awesome.  Also, sure, Ill work on a quick .ZIP package that has the necessary contact points, the mods to the engine performance in the aircraft.cfg, and the fa-18.air file, so you can mod it to be more "Sludge-like" in performance parameters.  Ill need a day or two, since Im working on several things right now.  Expect it around Sunday/Sunday night.  Cool?

Later
Sludge

Thanks, Sludge! I wasn't sure if you could tweek the CS Weapons Hornet due to permissions, but anything would be an improvement! I can't wait for the next Sludge installer!
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

JamesChams

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »
...enough is enough..
So, you guys are going to behave from now on?  We shall see...

As for what I posted re: the Repaint textures earlier...
McPhat Studios have done several good repaints that are more exacting to real world examples of aircraft.  Mr. Ray's textures are good as well.  But, the grease/dirt/rust look is too pronounced; much like a WWII bird that's abandoned in "moth-balls" in the former USSR or left out on someone’s lawn; not at all like an active squad version which would get constant attention for legal and safety considerations, right?  But, I would be willing to concede that there might have been an aircraft that got that "dirty" if you could product a pictorial example of such an extreme case.  Mind you, that the level of dirt and grime would actually alter the flying characteristics and increase induced-drag effects, aid in seizing control surfaces, etc. which might start to alter the FBW's handling characteristics of its moveable surfaces as well.  However, that’s an engineering discussion which I'll leave for another time.

Also, I want to encourage you to keep at it; I sure will add this to my installation at some point.  However, let’s not assume that you'll are going to outdo VRS' efforts.  I'm sure everyone here can honestly admit that at least.

Later! :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:13:05 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

neutrino

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 05:32:28 pm »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:39:44 pm by neutrino »

Orion

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2011, 06:45:19 pm »
Nice comparison J.R.!  If you want my opinion, I would say it's slightly overdone, but it still is a great repaint.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:55:02 pm by Orion »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 06:57:19 pm »
Ray...

Thanks friend.  And Ill count that as TWO in the column for the darker-shaded "new engine" nozzles.

JR...

Yeah, thats what I was hoping for.  Like I said, the Hornets in the desert were even worse than this, and I was happy that Ray did the Grunge Sludge Hornet paint the way he did.  If I'd had the time and took pics, you'd see what I was talking about.  Which internal nozzles do you like?  The darker ones that I just took a pic of?  Or the earlier pics of the brighter (newer) ones?

Later
Sludge

JamesChams

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2011, 07:26:09 pm »
Nice comparison J.R.!  If you want my opinion, I would say it's slightly overdone, but it still is a great repaint.
That was my opinion as well; mind you, that I'm use to see them all day (& night) long, so it seems to stand out as being way too much for my discerning eyes.

Also, notice the tint of the lighter yellowish/orange in Ray's paint...which does not match the darker yellowish-brown oil/grease color of the actual aircraft.  That is why I said that it starts to look more like rust - a big “NO-NO” for a flying aircraft.  Even on your car, the body shop would want to cut it out and repaint it.  Thus, hundreds of maintenance hours are spent cleaning off these leaks and grime deposits which occur as temperature/pressure cause expansions on the fuselage.  Which were a big issue in the Gulf, with the average temperature swings >100deg. F (day) to ~50/60 deg F at nights.  We even had to log it during preflight for maintenance to address in case of fluid loss, etc.

So, while I do like Mr. Ray's paint, it could use "tweaking" to make it exact reality; isn't that what you guys are aiming for?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:33:18 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Orion

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2011, 07:58:11 pm »
Well, comparing it to the image J.R. had, yeah.  Also, if anyone cares to know, I prefer the darker engine nozzles.