Author Topic: Install Problems  (Read 17758 times)

lol_nickname

Re: Install Problems
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 03:32:31 pm »
Good afternoon,

long time ago I've reported the problem.. don't know why I didn't pursue this anymore, sorry. Well, I'm back again with the same problem. I've installed it with the logger running in background.. here's my log attached. (be aware that the log was taken at the 2nd installation try.. that's why most of the file already exist. I hope it helps anyway)

Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05:44 pm »
The log doesn't show any problem. Can you please be more specific, and say precisely what problem you have ? Does the installers stops ? If yes, where ?

lol_nickname

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 04:42:13 pm »
Correct, still the same problem as described above. The installer freezes while it is just "finishing installation". No possibility to continue or even cancel the installation from there, the window is completely frozen and has to be killed via task manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 04:54:52 pm »
Has the download that is supposed to happen at the end started ?

lol_nickname

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 05:54:19 pm »
What download exactly do you mean? The installer just extracts a couple of files into the FSX folder, opens the Microsoft Visual C++ installer and is stuck in the "finishing installation" dialog thereafter. Both Antivir and firewall are turned off.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »
It really seems the download has been blocked. There must be some security program still interfering. After the Visual C++ step, a download should start.

lol_nickname

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 06:46:48 pm »
Very strange. Even if the firewall is turned on it normally asks me if there's an application intending to connect with the internet. But it didn't do so. Doesn't the installer have the possibility just to be downloaded once and then install all files by self-extracting it instead of downloading the files?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 06:55:06 pm »
If you run the installer with the network disconnected, it will detect it and skip the download step and use the copy of the files included in the installer.

lol_nickname

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 07:38:12 pm »
Already tried that - same result  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »
I'm sorry but, there's not other explanation that your Windows installation has issues. Or there's another security program that is interfering, which you are not aware of.

lol_nickname

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 10:32:14 pm »
Hmm, is there any possibility to install and activate the scenery "manually"?