Author Topic: Util.dll error in FSX Acceleration  (Read 8052 times)

Eisbahn

Util.dll error in FSX Acceleration
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:00:40 pm »
Hallo,
I have discovered something very curious when departing from Zürich Runway 32 in FSX.
FSX crashes with the infamous "Util.dll" error message.
And once more, the crash always happens when the aircraft is in the same position over the scenery.
This position is LAT N47 29.71 and LON E8 91.07.
Has anyone else had this experience, and when so, what is the solution (or cause)?
Terry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Util.dll error in FSX Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 04:44:08 pm »
Crash in util.dll was a known problem in FS9, because FS9 had a bug with elevated platforms. We only had this problem once, at KFLL (it was fixed long ago), never at Zurich, even in FS9.

Never heard of this problem in FSX, and nobody ever reported it before.

Eisbahn

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 07:44:25 pm »
It is now impossible to complete a flight from Zürich because of FSX crashing with the Util.dll fault message.
It always crashes at the same identical place in the scenery. It is not only from Runway 32, but Runway 34 also.
I have removed and re-installed the Zürich scenery without any sucess. I have installed the latest addon manager etc. but nothing helps.
There must be something in the scenery that FSX does not like.
Terry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 08:38:35 pm »
I have removed and re-installed the Zürich scenery without any sucess. I have installed the latest addon manager etc. but nothing helps.There must be something in the scenery that FSX does not like.

You mean, in the *other* sceneries you have in the area. If the problem was the airport scenery, it should have gone away when uninstalling. Fact you still have the crash after uninstalling, seems to indicate you have a problem in this area, but not related to the airport scenery.

Just to be 100% accurate: if you Uninstall the scenery, and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine?" which are made at the end, there will be no traces left in FSX of our scenery and since it doesn't modify any of the default FSX files, removing it entirely (including the Addon Manager+Couatl), will be exactly as if you never installed it.

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 09:28:39 pm »
maybe he got a corrupt download, try re-downloading it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 09:26:57 am »
maybe he got a corrupt download, try re-downloading it

No, all our installers have self-integrity checks when they run so, in case of a corrupted download, the installer would abort with a corrupted file message.

I repeat and confirm, if the crash still happens after uninstalling the scenery entirely, including the Addon Manager, the problem doesn't have anything to do with our sceneries.

Eisbahn

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »
Through a process of elimination, I have discovered that the cause of the problem was Switzerland Professional X.
Thankyou for all your comments.
Terry