Author Topic: Graphics corrupt problem  (Read 5530 times)

burner12

Graphics corrupt problem
« on: November 30, 2010, 05:21:38 pm »
I don't know why but my FSX keeps minimizing on me, and then turns the entire aircraft in to this. I heard there was a file to fix it but have lost it. Does anyody know what file that might be?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:54:49 pm by burner12 »

sjt375

• Flight Director
Re: Graphics corrupt problem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 11:41:54 pm »
have you done a re-install?

burner12

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:50:38 pm »
have you done a re-install?
many times and the problem always comes back. another person over at avsim.com forums said "Ensure that entry is in the fsx.cfg under the [GRAPHICS] header, if it is; bump the number up 1 so that it reads as SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=2 and so on. "

But i dont know where the fsx.cfg file is. I searched all over

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 11:54:47 pm »
no no no,You do not need to uninstall. This is a graphic card and or processor problem. You have mutiple programs running and your comp might not handle all that. Try reducing scenery and other settings that require more work from comp to keep up with FSX. This same issue was covered somewhere on this forum site plus you can google fsx settings for a lot of info.   :)

burner12

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 01:10:00 am »
no no no,You do not need to uninstall. This is a graphic card and or processor problem. You have mutiple programs running and your comp might not handle all that. Try reducing scenery and other settings that require more work from comp to keep up with FSX. This same issue was covered somewhere on this forum site plus you can google fsx settings for a lot of info.   :)
So what you are saying skimmer is that this has to deal with howmany settings, such as what settings I chose causes this mixture? And it doesn't have to do with shaders?  If I just tone down the settings a bit then it'll run smoothly?

Do you know where the fsx.cfg file might be located

skimmer

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 01:22:49 am »
The fsx config file is found in- local disk C- documents and settings- owner- application data- microsoft- fsx. This is with windows xp. Let me know if you try the shader edit and results. ;D

burner12

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 02:17:06 am »
The fsx config file is found in- local disk C- documents and settings- owner- application data- microsoft- fsx. This is with windows xp. Let me know if you try the shader edit and results. ;D

Nope its not there neither is the line the avsim member said would be there. here is what is under graphics in fsx.cfg

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=512
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=1
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
D3D10=0

should i add them if so where on  what line and any changes to them?

what exactly is a shader?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:19:37 am by burner12 »

geoffbecks

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 01:47:08 pm »
This is easy to fix ::)

All you have to do is uninstall FSX put the CD back in its case & throw it in the bin or a similar receptical, 

Then you reinstall FS9 amd everything works fine..just without the shinny water and extra bits on the land.
oh yeah and with out all thoses nasty problems

Or if money is no object you pay out for a computer that can actualy run fsx.......good luck ;D

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 09:03:53 pm »

All you have to do is uninstall FSX put the CD back in its case & throw it in the bin or a similar receptical, 

Then you reinstall FS9 amd everything works fine..just without the shinny water and extra bits on the land.

Or if money is no object you pay out for a computer that can actualy run fsx.......good luck ;D

LOL hahaahhaa !!!! :D ...you just made my day sir :)

Bakern

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 11:51:56 pm »

LOL hahaahhaa !!!! :D ...you just made my day sir :)

C'mon, Grow Up....!!!   ???

Everybody isn't perfect and expert's like you... Shame on You.

Stein-Ove
Hamar
Norway
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:53:56 pm by Bakern »