Author Topic: KDFW Jetways  (Read 6148 times)

Michael_B767_ATP

KDFW Jetways
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:22:09 am »
Hi,

All my jetways at KDFW are missing. All I did was install the latest update.

http://www.rmfc.us/photos/1KDFW.jpg

Mesh Resolution slider is at 10m/pixel
Mesh Complexity slider is at 100
Advanced Animations is checked

How do I fix this?.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:41:44 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW Jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:46:39 am »
Mesh Resolution slider is at 10m/pixel
Mesh Complexity slider is at 100
Advanced Animations is checked

Wrong mesh settings will only make the jetways to appear at a different altitude than the terminal, but not disappearing entirely. And Advanced Animations unchecked will only stop the animation.

If they have disappeared entirely, it can only due to another AFCAD in conflict: jetways are inside the AFCAD, and are the only thing we don't handle with our modules (which is why, when the Trial expires, you'll see just jetways), but another AFCAD in conflict can exclude them.

Another possible explanation is, if you have AES installed, but not active or correctly installed so, it's able to exclude our jetways, but its own replacement ones do not appear for any reason.

data63

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:29:15 pm »
Do you have AES installed and it's somehow inactive?

...exclude is working but AES jetways aren't

happy landings

Juergen

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:04:41 am »
Hi,

I have AES 2.08 installed and it shows KDFW by FSDreamTeam as Active.

Note: If I set AES KDFW to inactive the jetways return. Is there a problem with AES?.

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:17:46 am »
Hi,

UPDATE: I found the problem, it turned out to be AES. I don't like FSX's autogen so I had it turned off. I just bumped autogen up to sparse and all is fine.

Thanks

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 03:41:12 pm »
Hi,

UPDATE: I found the problem, it turned out to be AES. I don't like FSX's autogen so I had it turned off. I just bumped autogen up to sparse and all is fine.

Thanks

Theres a bug in aes were it wont work too well with autogen off. it really sucks because I too normally have it off since it causes a big fps hit for me. depending on the area I'm at, you can try reducing the number of buildings and trees per cell threw the add-manger. not sue if had changed for fsx sp2 http://blogs.technet.com/b/p-12c_pilot/archive/2006/10/10/autogen-tweak-that-might-help.aspx

Heres Olivers post on aes and autogen http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=30939
Cesar

New Jersey EWR