Author Topic: My Hawaii Shots. Love the scenery!  (Read 47266 times)

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: My Hawaii Shots. Love the scenery!
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2011, 01:24:54 am »
Well to be honest, im sorry for those minority of people who have those internet issues. But this is the way I like to post my shots. I don't like doing the attachments. So I am happy to put a warning on my screenshot thread so those people don't click here, will save them time and money. I also size all my pictures to fit on all standard monitors and they are viewable easer on moble devices such as my iPhone (which downloads my thread here with the pictures in under 7 seconds on my AT&T wireless)  And if it doesn't hurt FSDT's server then whats the issue?

Basically. If I can't put the warning on the title and post the way I like, then that's okay. I'll just stop posting them. No worries. I love your team's work and want to display it as such. I don't create screenshots for anyone else's work on any sites. Only your work because only FSDT's work I enjoy to create screenshots for...

So perhaps maybe the rule needs to change if warnnigs are posted. I dont hear anyone complaining. Look at how many times this thread was viewed. The same is the case with me Las Vegas thread too. I try to buy the sceneries EARLY after release just so I can share images for those on the fence about buying it and for those as crazy about it like me.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:39:39 am by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2011, 10:52:51 am »
Well to be honest, im sorry for those minority of people who have those internet issues

It's not such a small minority.

Up to last week, I was in that situation, since a lighting struck a telephone pole nearby, and I had to connect with 3G for 30 DAYS, the line was restored just yesterday.  Since I need to check all the threads on the forum constantly, many times at day to support users, if it's too slow for me, it also affects lots of other users. Alessandro, our main scenery designer, is now connecting with 3G too.

Of course, the rule was in effect way before I had this accident, but it was during this month I realized how painful is to visit a thread with forced inline images.

I also size all my pictures to fit on all standard monitors and they are viewable easer on moble devices such as my iPhone

Posting a screenshot in fixed size (what is a "standard" monitor ? ), instead of using thumbnails, render exactly the opposite effect. Instead, with thumbnails, you can post at any resolution you want, even higher, and page loading speed wouldn't depend on the image resolution and only marginally by the number of the image you posted.

Basically. If I can't put the warning on the title and post the way I like, then that's okay. I'll just stop posting them. So perhaps maybe the rule needs to change if warnings are posted.

This system would be very cumbersome, because it would force you to calculate for *each* different set of screenshots, what would be the total size, because the loading time depends both on the image resolution, and the number of images posted so, just putting a "warning, large post" wouldn't be useful, also because "large" is subjective, depending which connection you use, and if someone pays by traffic, he would want to know the exact size.

And, of course, if we made the rule more complex as you suggest, asking to put a warning, it would make it more complex for anyone, just because you prefer to first upload to a separate server, getting the URL, link it here, instead of attaching it directly.

If you really don't like using Attachments, at least use the URL tag, instead of the IMG tag, so only those interested in the screenshot will load it, by clicking the link. Which is what you end up with anyway, since I always edit the posts with too many IMG tags into URLs
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:58:46 am by virtuali »

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2011, 03:21:18 pm »
Okay I understand. At this point it may not matter for me further. Hopefully KLAX will make it to FS9. Besides that and the revamped Zurich, there won't be anything else for me to post screenshots for. So anything further will be done in attachments.

This Hawaii thread is complete.  ;)

keino333

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2011, 06:32:55 am »
IDK if NW even operated the 757 here but I obviously didn't care... ;D Done for tonight...

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww184/newmanix/HA18.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww184/newmanix/HA19.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww184/newmanix/HA20.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww184/newmanix/HA21.jpg

Newmanix,

Killer shots , once again (just catching up to you latest post).

Thanks Keino! There is just something about FSDT products that prompt my screenshots. I rarely conduct screenshots for other developers work.  ;)