Author Topic: Where are the Heavy Gates  (Read 3217 times)

tgbelden

Where are the Heavy Gates
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:42:45 am »
I have 5 FSDT sceneries and they are great. :D  My only disappointment is that there are no American Airline gates at O'Hare or McCarren that can handle Heavies.  What's that all about? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Where are the Heavy Gates
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 11:00:26 am »
The *name* that is assigned to the parking doesn't have any relationship with its ability to handle heavy airplanes, the only thing that counts is its actual radius. A 35m wide "Small" parking will accept larger airplanes than a 30m "Heavy" parking. The assignment have been tweaked this way, to get rid of the default FSX ground vehicles and replace them with custom ones were needed.

TWA Pilot

Re: Where are the Heavy Gates
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 01:29:57 am »
[My only disappointment is that there are no American Airline gates at O'Hare or McCarren that can handle Heavies.]
There is another way you can "add" heavys to O'Hare and Las Vages and thats by tweaking the AFCAD......Find the parking spot or spots at your airports and change them from.......?? to heavy.
If you use FSX won't matter I believe (Idon't use FSX) the gates come to your plane.....in FS9 you can use AES support and the gates will come to you plane regardless of size.......

Cheers,
Doug