Author Topic: Unresponsive joystick after auto-pilot disconnect.  (Read 4140 times)

slipstream

Unresponsive joystick after auto-pilot disconnect.
« on: July 13, 2010, 12:27:07 pm »
Is this is known bug? I disconnect the AP and then have a very sluggish almost zero response to any joystick inputs for some reason. Pretty sure I am doing something wrong so if any pro's here can help me out here as its very frustrating.  ;)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Unresponsive joystick after auto-pilot disconnect.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 06:39:25 pm »
Slipstream...

Now are you completely turning OFF the autopilot or just one of the upper pushbuttons on the UpFrontController in the VC for BALT hold?  If you dont hit the AUTOPILOT ON/OFF (located on the lower bar of the UFC) to turn it off and get the audible horn sound, then the heading hold may still be engaged?  Sometimes, it "sticks" on when I engage autopilot for altitude hold, and I automatically get heading hold til I manually switch the heading hold button ON (: diplayed), then reclick it off.  After I do that, I still get autopilot altitude hold, but I regain stick control over my heading.

Hope that helped?

Later
Sludge

slipstream

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:08:53 pm »
Thanks Sludge. Yes I do turn it off at the lower UFC but I get no audible horn, but I can see the button de-pressing so I assume it is dis-engaged. I will take another look now. Thanks for your help so far.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 01:03:43 am »
Slip...

OK, if you do entirely disengage it and it doesnt work, let me know... Ill be back on later tonite and will work on getting you a fix.

Later
Sludge

slipstream

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 03:37:48 pm »
Hey Sludge. I found the culprit. Each time I started a flight the atthold was active, which would actually stop me from rotating. I have to keep checking the atthold status now to ensure it doesn't engage itself either before or during flight.