Author Topic: New issue  (Read 839 times)

kingnorris

New issue
« on: October 06, 2024, 05:34:49 pm »
So everything worked fine at my departure airport. After landing at my destination, however, I clicked on GSX to get a gate, and it was stuck on the pushback selection screen. (Get ready, start, and abort pushback). Even after I selected abort, it didn't change. I had to restart the coatl engine, which meant I lost my seated passengers as well. So, I turned off the passengers in settings, but the same thing happened the next flight I took.

Flying the PMDG 737-700. Doesn't happen with the FBW A320; that works as it should.

It's like the previous screen gets "stuck" or something.

By the way, I always activate the GSX icon from the top bar in MSFS. I never keep the window open; clutters up my view. Never had an issue doing it like this before. And again, it's only with the PMDG aircraft.

Any ideas\ suggestions?

ubergeek

Re: New issue
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2024, 10:04:20 pm »
I had a similar issue where the pushback screen is displayed at the arrival airport instead of gate selection. Also could not clear it with a coatl engine restart or selecting any menu items. I was flying the FBW A320nx

mwyatt

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 12:13:10 pm »
I have exactly the same issue. At arrival airport the pushback screen from departure airport is displayed, even restarting Couatl did not fix the problem.
Using the ini A320NEO, from EGNJ to EGCN, a short flight.
Martin.

ubergeek

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2024, 09:53:37 pm »
It worked properly on the next flight. Then it reverted to the problem on the subsequent one. Seems to be intermittent. Perhaps a race condition.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2024, 01:00:58 pm »
By the way, I always activate the GSX icon from the top bar in MSFS. I never keep the window open; clutters up my view. Never had an issue doing it like this before. And again, it's only with the PMDG aircraft.

You don't have to keep the menu opened, but you should NOT close it from the Toolbar, always use either the X icon or the Hotkey to close it, so it stays Hidden but Active. If you don't follow this workflow, suggested in the manual at Page 94:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon only when first starting Ground services.
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Always use the Hot-key to re-open the menu, and always close it either with the Hot-key or the X icon.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

Not following this workflow will cause all sort of issues.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2024, 01:02:13 pm »
At arrival airport the pushback screen from departure airport is displayed, even restarting Couatl did not fix the problem.

Impossible a restart won't fix this, because a restart doesn't have any memory of the previous flight. The only possible reason for the last menu entry show, is the restart failed, or you re-opened the menu too quickly while the restart was still undergoing.

mwyatt

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2024, 06:16:47 pm »
Hi Virtuali, thanks for your reply.
Your suggestion to close GSX when ground services are complete is the safest way and best way to cure the current problem.
It takes a few extra seconds, but does fix the problem.
I do wonder why GSX retains the departure settings when arriving at the arrival airport.
Is it possible to make GSX close automatically when lifting off from the departure runway ??
Best regards, Martin.