Author Topic: GSX Services disappear when beacon is turned off - Fenix  (Read 218 times)

Pirateinparadise

GSX Services disappear when beacon is turned off - Fenix
« on: September 30, 2024, 11:25:11 pm »
I'm having a problem with de-boarding in the Fenix. When I pull up to the gate and shut down the engines, I wait until the N2% drops below 5% and then I turn off the seat belt signs, no smoking signs, and then the beacon. GSX announces "De-boarding requested", and then all of the GSX vehicles and marshaller disappear. From here, I have to restart Couatl, and manually request de-boardig again. The service vehicles reappear (after I make all of the menu selections) and then everything works properly except the passengers are staying seated even thought the jetway is connected and the door is open. I've also tried selecting deboard on the Fenix tablet and I get the same results.

The odd thing is that the other day, for one flight, it de-boarded properly without a Couatl restart. The next 3 flights did not work.

I haven't seen any other reports of this, so I'm guessing I have something going on with my installation.     
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

lexussteve

Re: GSX Services disappear when beacon is turned off - Fenix
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2024, 12:12:35 pm »
I have the exact same issue using the same process as you….the passengers just continue to sit in their seats.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2024, 01:49:59 pm »
I had a slight variation to this last night. Landed at FB KSFO and pulled into gate a15 using the marshaller. I tried not waiting so long for the engines to spool down. At about 10%, I flipped all of the switches and got the deboarding requested announcement. Poof! All GSX vehicles and personnel vanished. I restarted Couatl, went through the menus, and this time the pax actually deboarded. The EFB did not show the pax count decreasing, or seats emptying on the seating chart, though.

I'm at a loss. I don't see anything in the log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2024, 08:30:17 am »
That looks like a crash so, as any other crash, it can be identified by providing a diagnostic log, if you have logging Enabled when it happens. Note that, for the log to be meaningful, you should ZIP it and Attach it here before you restart the Couatl engine, because restarting will create a new log, overwriting the previous one.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2024, 06:10:06 pm »
Log attached

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:14:04 am »
I flew the same flight again, but this time I removed the .ini file for KTPA. New log attached.