Author Topic: Lavatory and water?  (Read 1091 times)

alexvs

Lavatory and water?
« on: September 25, 2024, 11:44:39 am »
Hi Umberto,

Kind question for you and your team. I saw an update in MSFS for water and lavatory. Waiting some time for this feature, but it's now available. Not for P3Dv5. Is your team kindly willing to add this feature also to P3D?

pete_fuss

Re: Lavatory and water?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 12:10:16 pm »
that is also a big wish of mine

HardyZ

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2024, 02:36:23 pm »
Especially we loyal long-term customers of GSX Level 2 for FSX and P3D have been waiting for the water/lavatory service feature for many years. It has been planned and provided for in the "customize aircraft" options since ever, but has never been implemented.

And now it is only added to the GSX Pro version for MSFS. This is very sad for us and a little bit disappointing...
Please consider whether the feature can also be implemented for the older versions.

Never giving up hope, kind regards
HardyZ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2024, 02:51:07 pm »
GSX for FSX/P3D is still supported with free updates, 12 years after it came out. This is unheard of. As explained several times already, after MSFS came out, updates for P3D will cover:

- New operators.

- New or updated GSX procedures of services that existed before and use existing vehicles.

- Bugfixes and improvements to the core GSX logic.

We are not planning any updates that would require modeling compley new objects, that's why you won't have Seated Passengers for FSX/P3D, or Water/Lavatory Services or anything else that requires actual modeling. The graphic standards in MSFS are higher and getting higher with MSFS 2024 and we just canì't justify the cost of modeling new separate objects specifically made for FSX or P3D, because the user base is just not there anymore. You heard exactly the same explanation for every developer who worked on FSX/P3D before so, it's not as if we are any different and, in fact, we are offering a level of support far higher than everybody else.

We released last week an update to Pushback with the last-minute changes of direction which worked in all versions, and we are releasing another update today adding another very useful feature to Pushback, which will work in FSX/P3D too.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 02:55:05 pm by virtuali »

pete_fuss

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2024, 05:54:32 pm »
hello umberto
we only asked because for a long time it has been written (coming soon) next to the water and toilet vehicle! if it really no longer exists, you can remove the coming soon in the next update and so there would be no more questions! have a nice weekend!

alexvs

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2024, 05:07:34 pm »
Yes,

The options in the menu can be deleted then. And, it's sad you don't add that functions anymore in P3D. You buy a product that's not complete, and waited for the functions for more than 5 years now in P3D. It's fooling the customer, but that's the policy of FSDreamteam I suppose.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2024, 11:17:06 pm »
And, it's sad you don't add that functions anymore in P3D.

That's not what I said, at all. I said we won't add new models, animations, textures. Function that are related to the program logic, and obviously bugfixes, will go into P3D and even FSX.

Let's see some addition from the latest two updates as an obvious example:

GSX (all versions) NEW: Pushback will allow a last-minute change of direction immediately before releasing parking brakes. This would be very useful to anybody flying online, no matter the platform, and it's supported in all simulators.

GSX (all versions) NEW: Option to connect Pushback tug during Boarding, saving time on Departure. This was the N.1 most requested feature BY FAR, and it's supported on both simulators.

I'll let to you the task of counting how many updates are flagged with "all versions" in the complete changelog:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

You buy a product that's not complete, and waited for the functions for more than 5 years now in P3D. It's fooling the customer, but that's the policy of FSDreamteam I suppose.

You got it completely backwards. The reality of the facts is the opposite: you bought a product which has been advertised to do THIS:

https://fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

And it's abundantly clear that, after being updated FOR FREE ( and it still IS ) for the past 12+ years, moving from FSX to FSX:Steam, to P3D V1, V2, V3, V4, V5 and V6 (days after V6 came out!!), it does today a lot more than what the description page on the site says it's supposed to do.

Come back when you find another FSX/P3D developer that supported his product with free updates for the past 12 years, across so many simulators, and it STILL doing updates and bugfixes.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2024, 03:18:58 pm »
that is also a big wish of mine

ME TOO! I've been looking forward to seeing water and lavatory services. Sadly, Umberto decided not to add features for P3D anymore. :'(

alexvs

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2024, 04:26:31 pm »
You buy a product that's not complete, and waited for the functions for more than 5 years now in P3D. It's fooling the customer, but that's the policy of FSDreamteam I suppose.

You got it completely backwards. The reality of the facts is the opposite: you bought a product which has been advertised to do THIS:

https://fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

And it's abundantly clear that, after being updated FOR FREE ( and it still IS ) for the past 12+ years, moving from FSX to FSX:Steam, to P3D V1, V2, V3, V4, V5 and V6 (days after V6 came out!!), it does today a lot more than what the description page on the site says it's supposed to do.

Come back when you find another FSX/P3D developer that supported his product with free updates for the past 12 years, across so many simulators, and it STILL doing updates and bugfixes.

Umburto, allright. The advert tells something else then GSX in P3D itself.

But ....... at the options in the P3D GSX menu at WATER en LAVATORY they say "Coming soon". Is "Coming soon" for FSDreamteam waiting for 5 and more years, and in the middle of the GSX development you change the rules and leave the customer with GSX menu options that are not working? That's not how it works between developer and customer. FSDreamteam has been raising expectations for years to customers that the water and lavatory option will be added to GSX for P3D in due time. So those expectations are not met, and that's the problem of FSDreamteam. As a customer I have nothing to do with other company policies about P3D designs. So that's not an argument. Also that FSDreamteam updates for free. That's a choice of FSDreamteam and is much appreciated by all of us.

Again, sadd that Water an Lavatory is not modeled forr P3D. Against all odds and against all expectations of all those years.

HardyZ

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2024, 04:52:53 pm »
I agree with that.
We FSX/P3D simmers have been waiting for years for an update that was promised to us and has also been announced in the application for years. And now it will only be implemented if we set up a new flight simulator and buy a new version of GSX.
"Honi soit qui mal y pense"

Your free updates with all due respect. Thank you for that, even if we may not have asked for it. Bug fixes are a given for an application we paid for. But before you force new developments on us with updates that we cannot undo, perhaps it might be better to implement what has long been promised and announced.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2024, 07:58:53 pm by HardyZ »