Author Topic: GSX Airport Profiles & PMDG 777-300ER  (Read 21 times)

pchitkara

GSX Airport Profiles & PMDG 777-300ER
« on: Today at 09:27:57 am »
A lot of existing GSX profiles aren't quiet there when it comes to PMDG 777 with the aircraft parking way too forward.

I understand GSX looks for exit door configured on the aircraft and if in this case it is door #2, it will draw the aircraft that much inwards to be positioned at the gate accordingly. This, more often than not, does not align with stop position marked for the 777 at the gate within the airport - EKCH for example and others as well. I am trying to understand how can this be fixed - it almost seems like the profile was made for smaller aircraft like the A320 or 737 but that sits at odds with what I understood on how GSX works.  ???

BrianT58

Re: GSX Airport Profiles & PMDG 777-300ER
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:54:53 pm »
My understanding is that unless the airport profile can only set the position of the aircraft based on which aircraft was used to create the profile in the first place. So if a A320 was used then yes a 777 will be in the wrong place.
There is now the option for profile creators to ad a python file ".PY" with the profile which can have aircraft specific information in it enablinmg the aircraft to park at the correct spot, providing of course all the information is included in the profile.

I did try to look into this to do some myself but came to the conclusion it's all witchcraft and I'm better off letting people who know what theyre doing come up with the profiles ;D. (RW Profiles are really good and they're free  :))
Regards
Brian