Author Topic: Couatl engine : corrupt file after FSDT Live Update  (Read 716 times)

EmileB

Couatl engine : corrupt file after FSDT Live Update
« on: September 16, 2024, 02:37:12 am »
Yesterday I loaded MSFS, GSX started automatically but showed advisary that it was out of date.
So I closed the sim and ran FSDT Live Update.
Restarted the PC.
Loaded MSFS : this time GSX did not start automatically.
Clicked GSX on the MSFS toolbar.
GSX then attempted to start but then advisory came up that the script engine had not started in the expected time, or words to that effect.
Ran Couatl64_MSFS.exe manually (and not as administrator, just double-clicked it) : error message came up stating file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I ran FSDT Live Update again this morning - just in case the file had been fixed - but same outcome.

Here are the first few lines of the Couatl log file :
16/09/2024 12:09:02: Couatl64_boot Log started
16/09/2024 12:09:02: Working folder set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64 according to FSDT registry root key
16/09/2024 12:09:02: Thread "couatl64_MSFS.exe"  added to monitoring
16/09/2024 12:09:02: Starting couatl64_MSFS.exe
16/09/2024 12:09:02: EXCEPTION The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
16/09/2024 12:09:03: Waiting to connect to Couatl64 shared memory
16/09/2024 12:09:04: Waiting to connect to Couatl64 shared memory
16/09/2024 12:09:05: Waiting to connect to Couatl64 shared memory
16/09/2024 12:09:06: Waiting to connect to Couatl64 shared memory
16/09/2024 12:09:07: Waiting to connect to Couatl64 shared memory
16/09/2024 12:09:08: Waiting to connect to Couatl64 shared memory
16/09/2024 12:09:09: Waiting to connect to Couatl64 shared memory
etc

Before yesterday's FSDT live update, GSX had been loading automatically with MSFS and working without problems.
MSFS is up to date.  My PC runs Windows 11 Home.

I searched the forum in other threads about Couatl issues but to no avail.  Hence this post.  Any help appreciated !

Thanks a lot,
Emile.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 03:11:42 am by EmileB »

koosherselman

Re: Couatl engine : corrupt file after FSDT Live Update
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 03:29:07 am »
I'm having exactly the same problem. Very frustrating.

EmileB

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 04:15:39 am »
I just uninstalled and re-installed GSX.  Made no difference : problem still there  :(.  Hope Virtuali will get on to this soon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 04:23:39 am by EmileB »

toddl

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2024, 04:22:23 pm »
Same problem for me.

flyseven

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2024, 12:46:13 am »
Exactly the same error happend to’ me

my antivirus is off on my msfs pc ??
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 07:31:04 am by flyseven »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2024, 12:52:29 am »
Nothing like this happens.

The only possible explanation, because we updated the .exe, a defective antivirus has corrupted trying to heal it from a non existent threat, which mistakenly detected because it assumed "it's new, it might be dangerous", because some buggy antivirus trust their flawed heuristics more than our proper Digital Signature, which is used precisely to help antivirus not catch false positives.

The usual:

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole "Addon Manager" folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

airline54

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2024, 05:45:15 am »
I been having the same issue. It was working fine Saturday. Sunday, I updated and know I can't get it to work either. I've turn off my antivirus and downloaded it and no luck. I uninstalled it and reinstalled, same thing. I been working on this for a few days now and can't get it work anymore. My icon lizard is gone. I don't know what to do. Help

StrateJ

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2024, 05:58:02 am »
So I was waiting for my account on here to be approved. I was wrapping my brain yesterday and this morning found a potential reason. I'm going through a reinstall again so will be forever before I come up with results but Malwarebytes is detecting the Couatl MSFS exe as malware and quarantining it.

EmileB

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2024, 09:28:28 am »
Sorry, but are you implying that me and the other posters here were only imagining that GSX wouldn't load ?

The only possible explanation, because we updated the .exe, a defective antivirus has corrupted trying to heal it from a non existent threat, which mistakenly detected because it assumed "it's new, it might be dangerous", because some buggy antivirus trust their flawed heuristics more than our proper Digital Signature, which is used precisely to help antivirus not catch false positives.

The usual:

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole "Addon Manager" folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

After doing "the usual" as above, GSX still wouldn't load.

Only after then uninstalling GSX with FSDT Installer and re-installing it with FSDT Installer, was GSX working again.

Your "only possible explanation" is a bit arrogant as well as unprofessional.  My "buggy", "defective" payware ESET Internet Security with its "flawed heuristics" found nothing wrong with GSX when I first installed it, issued no warnings, and GSX worked fine (I only used the pushback and jetways operation features sofar but am very happy with it  :) ).  The problem started with the GSX update to V3.1.5.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 09:38:57 am by EmileB »

kaanaslan

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2024, 09:57:43 am »
Hello, same issue with others and I don't use an antivirus software.

The usual:

EndoYurika

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2024, 01:25:18 pm »
I guess you should check the router's setting instead. Turn off the router's firewall and problem solved.
The reason why the file was only 1kb is simply because the firewall blocked this exe file during the downloading stage, weird.
Sorry, but are you implying that me and the other posters here were only imagining that GSX wouldn't load ?

The usual:

After doing "the usual" as above, GSX still wouldn't load.

Only after then uninstalling GSX with FSDT Installer and re-installing it with FSDT Installer, was GSX working again.

Your "only possible explanation" is a bit arrogant as well as unprofessional.  My "buggy", "defective" payware ESET Internet Security with its "flawed heuristics" found nothing wrong with GSX when I first installed it, issued no warnings, and GSX worked fine (I only used the pushback and jetways operation features sofar but am very happy with it  :) ).  The problem started with the GSX update to V3.1.5.

majs

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2024, 03:30:09 pm »
Same problem here. never had any problems with GSX until this update. done as instructed but still not working

EmileB

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2024, 04:46:00 am »
I guess you should check the router's setting instead. Turn off the router's firewall and problem solved.
The reason why the file was only 1kb is simply because the firewall blocked this exe file during the downloading stage, weird.
My router's firewall is not enabled.
And anyway, this would not explain why GSX was installed and worked fine prior to V3.1.5. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 04:47:41 am by EmileB »

majs

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2024, 01:18:00 pm »
here is the step by step to get it to work(for me). Thank you CHATGPT!

To check if your antivirus or firewall is blocking GSX and to add it as an exception, follow these steps based on your operating system and the security software you're using.

For Windows Defender Firewall and Antivirus
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Open Control Panel:

Press Windows Key + S, type Control Panel, and hit Enter.
Go to Firewall Settings:

Select System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
Turn Off Firewall:

On the left side, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
Select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall for both Private and Public networks.
Click OK.
Test GSX:

Try running GSX to see if the issue is resolved.
If it works, the firewall was likely blocking it.
Re-enable Firewall:

Turn the firewall back on by going to the same settings and enabling it for both networks.
Step 2: Add GSX to Windows Firewall Exceptions
Open Windows Defender Firewall again from the Control Panel.

Allow an App:

On the left, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
Click Change settings (you might need admin privileges).
Add GSX to Exceptions:

Scroll down to see if GSX or MSFS is listed. If it is, ensure both Private and Public are checked.
If GSX is not listed, click Allow another app, then browse to the GSX installation folder (typically within your MSFS add-ons folder), select the executable file for GSX, and add it.
Make sure both Private and Public boxes are checked.
Click OK to save the changes.

Re install GSX and then it should work

toddl

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2024, 08:23:01 pm »
I tried all of the above, excluded the ADDON folder, it already was added Couatl MSFS to fierwall exclusions and uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and still no luck.  Any other suggestions?