Author Topic: Stutters and FPS drops with only GSX installed  (Read 421 times)

mataus

Stutters and FPS drops with only GSX installed
« on: September 14, 2024, 12:22:18 pm »
Hi all,

I have an issue with GSX which has appeared out of nowhere. Originally I thought it was a scenery issue, then I thought it was a driver issue, however, if I clear my community folder the issue goes away, if I add just GSX to the content folder the issue reappears. I tried uninstalling, deleting folders and reinstalling, but the same issue. I've just updated to the latest version, but the problem still occurs.

The issue is that it causes massive stuttering and frame drops, pulling only 25FPS. It occurs at any airport with any aircraft, default or addons. Running just MSFS with only GSX in the content folder clearly points to some sort of corrupt file/folder or a random conflict with a default item.

I'm running a 14900KF, 64gb mem and a 4080, so my FPS are usually fluid.

Is there possibly a separate file or folder they may be corrupted and needs manual deleting?

Any help/advice appreciated as I miss having this working.

Thanks
Mataus
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 10:01:17 pm by mataus »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Stutters and FPS drops with only GSX installed
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 08:52:11 pm »
Mataus, how long have you had that processor. The reason I ask is that Intel is having a major issue with their 13th and 14th generation processor, so it's possible that your processor could be the issue. The problem is if you're already starting to have problems with the processor, the processor is permanently degraded, and if that's the case, the only option is to replace it altogether.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2024, 11:50:17 pm »
GSX cannot possibly cause any effect on fps "just" by being present in the Community folder, because it doesn't do anything or creates any objects until *after* you call some services with its menu.

mataus

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2024, 01:54:20 pm »
GSX cannot possibly cause any effect on fps "just" by being present in the Community folder, because it doesn't do anything or creates any objects until *after* you call some services with its menu.

Thanks for the reply. After some more testing, I found that if I open the menu from the toolbar and then close it, the problem goes away. Not sure why this has suddenly started to happen as I hadn't update my graphics driver and with everything removed from the community folder, there isn't anything for it to conflict with.

Anyway, at least I have a workaround for it now

Thanks
Mataus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2024, 02:27:48 am »
Anyway, at least I have a workaround for it now

Yes, but keep in mind that's the wrong way of using the menu, because if you close it, GSX no longer can re-open it when required, usually during a service that is called and then a menu comes out after a while, like Deicing for example, or Refueling with a default airplane, where the subsequent menu comes out after a while asking for the fuel quantity.

Also, with the menu Inactive, you'll miss all text notifications from GSX, so if it's trying to tell you something, you might not notice.