Author Topic: GSX will not provide services if flight is delayed  (Read 488 times)

Captain_J

GSX will not provide services if flight is delayed
« on: September 02, 2024, 01:52:06 pm »
How long does a flight need to be delayed beyond the SimBried ETD, before GSX will no longer allow services to be provided?

Why have this at all? - as it's quite a nuisance. In real life, aircraft get delayed all the time, but generally speaking, the flight plan does NOT have to be filed again with a new ETD (although a delay message might get sent by the company instead - but we don't have the option to do this in the sim world).

However, in any case, I would rather GSX be modified so that when I'm ready, I can just call on the services to start my flight - regardless of how long I might have been delayed. Can this be done please, or at least be a user option?

If I'm already running behind in time, then it just takes longer to have to go back into SimBrief, call up the plan, change the ETD and re-file ... very frustrating (as this has lots of other nuisance flow on ramifications).

fabristunt

Re: GSX will not provide services if flight is delayed
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 07:50:21 pm »
You can set GSX to ignore the departure time, check the settings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 11:50:30 am »
The page of the manual  which explains how the departure time is 82, which is the main chapter that explains Simbrief:

The Estimated Departure Time must be at some time in the future, meaning the MSFS time of the day should be earlier than the Depart time indicated in the SimBrief dispatch. The date doesn’t matter, we assumed your flight is daily so, as long the Departure airport is the same and the ETD hasn’t passed, the Dispatch is considered to be good.

The page of the manual which explains the option you can use to disable the time check is 34:

Ignore Time
If this option is Enabled, a flight plan loaded on Simbrief will be accepted even if the time of departure has already passed

Captain_J

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2024, 09:12:16 am »
Thanks! I'd missed that option - what a saviour :).