Author Topic: Idea for a "trainer-mission"  (Read 75581 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: Idea for a "trainer-mission"
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2010, 02:56:48 pm »
Tregarth (and other guys),
That's my fault, I should have checked everything twice before uploading. The black panel issue caused by wrong texture.cfg file. The right one is attached, d/l it and replace the one in Texture.FCLP folder of your SLUDGE Hornet.
Sorry once again  :(
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2010, 03:50:15 pm »
I forgot to mention in readme that there are three new cameras added to the scenery - on glidepath, in LSO shack and at t/down area (usual spotters place).  ;D

Tregarth

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2010, 06:26:10 pm »
Cracked it!

FSX NP's ReadMe instructions are to unzip to C:\.....\MSFSX

If you do this a new folder is created in Sim Objects\Aircraft which is SludgeFA18_FX  This contains the texture folder for the aircraft panel and exterior textures.  Thus when you start FSX and go to Select Aircraft the "Red Flash" Hornet does not appear.  When you go to Missions all you have is a black panel and a sexy black Hornet.

To remedy this go into SludgeFA18_FX folder and copy the folder Texture.FCLP from this folder into the folder SludgeFA18_Basic i.e Sludge's original folder which contains the other Hornet textures i.e. texture.416.FLTS etc..  This adds the "Red Flash" Hornet to the Select Aircraft menu and you are in business.

Sorry if this is a bit long but I hope any other Newby will be able to follow this to install the "Red Flash" and enjoy this fantastic addition to this add-on.

FSX NP and Sludge -Thank you.

(This may not seem like much to most of you but for me this is quite spectacular!)

Tregarth.

Final thought, to be able to see this aircraft in the Select Aircraft Screen tick "Show all variants".

SpazSinbad, thanks for the help with the "Allow in game...." tip.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:29:25 pm by Tregarth »

Johan

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2010, 07:03:01 am »
I forgot to mention in readme that there are three new cameras added to the scenery - on glidepath, in LSO shack and at t/down area (usual spotters place).  ;D

It's a very nice mission...plus I love the plane texture. Well done.
Johan

Razgriz

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2010, 07:09:53 am »
Serge,
A multiplayer version of this would be great!  All you have to do is add clients, then get the coords for their spawn, etc.  Also, if you do that, can you do 4 missions, one dusk, one dawn, one day, and one night?  Both of those suggestions would be great and EASILY added.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2010, 05:18:22 am »
A multiplayer version of this would be great!  All you have to do is add clients, then get the coords for their spawn, etc.  Also, if you do that, can you do 4 missions, one dusk, one dawn, one day, and one night?  Both of those suggestions would be great and EASILY added.
Duncan, thank you for the good ideas. I'll try to make an MP version of my missions when carrier box lighting (for night missions) is ready.

Razgriz

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2010, 06:30:18 am »
Awesome  8)

Tregarth

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2010, 11:22:09 am »

Dear FSX NP,

Thank you very much for a really useful Mission; it is really useful training.  I have started with an IFLOLS equipped Cessna and will work up to the F-18 via the T-45.

Would it now be possible to transfer the Mission to a Carrier so we can continue our training and then sign up for Sludge's carrier landing sessions?

Thanks again,

Tregarth

GOONIE

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2010, 06:36:04 pm »
FSXNavyPilot,

Bravo Zulu on the FCLP mission pack! Yesterday I was finally able to setup my computer after moving to the DC area and tried out your FCLP mission last night for the first time. Really enjoyed the two missions and the LSO shack views, nice work  ;D

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2010, 06:36:18 pm »
Ok, guys,
here's a promo of another FCLP mission - evening practice at NOLF Coupeville (KNRA). It will be a pack of four missions, evening and night practice at both ends of runway. Dusk, night, strong wind 25+ knots... It's gonna be a real challenge  ;D

Many, many thanks to Spaz for his great help and assistance!

Tregarth

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2010, 10:01:54 am »

Brilliant!

Thank you very much for a superb piece of work.

Tregarth

Herbie

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2010, 03:50:29 am »
Hello!
I need some help, missing the Building Marked runway and IFLOLS. after install in Win7 64 bit. I did unzipped to a Temp folder and Copy the files to FSX in Program files (x86)/Microsoft Games/FSX as per instruction. Herb

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2010, 04:22:20 am »
Herbie,
Make sure you have added KNJK_FCLP scenery (using Scenery Library). BTW, Windows version has nothing to do with sceneries and missions.

Herbie

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2010, 04:51:41 am »
Dear Friend!
Thanks for your reply. You are wrong on this one. I had 2 Scenery.Cfg files 11kb with the same date and time after install and scenery activation, one was marked Old scenery.cfg--- I found this on the Website: Its a bug with FSX and Win7 - when installing your add-on scenery do the normal routine of finding the scenery then click on the the window in the middle with mouse and it should enter it into the scenery cfg. Just happens to be something with win7 and FSX. Well, that did the trick. All OK now.  ;) Back to practice. Herb

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2010, 06:01:30 am »
Good finding! Definately it's a FSX <-> Win7 bug  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:19:14 am by fsxnavypilot »