Author Topic: Delay in boarding pax  (Read 2343 times)

pmartin

Re: Delay in boarding pax
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2024, 08:26:35 pm »
Hello Virtuali!
Whats going on with the problem?
Is there solution possible?
Best regards
peter

LEdwards2012

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2024, 08:45:35 pm »
I suspect that the unspoken tactic right now is to stop support for P3D because it's a pain to keep maintaining, with very few sales. It's clearly far better for FSDT financially if you go and buy everything again for MSFG, even if this is immoral. Umberto has been very active in the MSFG sub forum recently commenting on bugs and support issues, but since the P3D update a few weeks ago partially broke the boarding, there has been radio silence. I'm guessing we will we will be given an "end of P3D support" announcement in the next few weeks, or maybe it will remain unspoken. I hope I'm wrong.

It's not totally unreasonable to do this, but if that is the future then FSDT should really withdraw all FSX / P3D products from sale if they won't provide support and break them with updates that can't be rolled back. Just like PMDG's recent behaviour, it means the P3D customers who basically provided FSDT's income for years are being dropped. That's business I guess, we can't really complain as we have had a good product that has worked off and on for many years.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2024, 02:02:26 am »
I suspect that the unspoken tactic right now is to stop support for P3D because it's a pain to keep maintaining, with very few sales. It's clearly far better for FSDT financially if you go and buy everything again for MSFG, even if this is immoral. Umberto has been very active in the MSFG sub forum recently commenting on bugs and support issues, but since the P3D update a few weeks ago partially broke the boarding, there has been radio silence. I'm guessing we will we will be given an "end of P3D support" announcement in the next few weeks, or maybe it will remain unspoken. I hope I'm wrong.

It's not totally unreasonable to do this, but if that is the future then FSDT should really withdraw all FSX / P3D products from sale if they won't provide support and break them with updates that can't be rolled back. Just like PMDG's recent behaviour, it means the P3D customers who basically provided FSDT's income for years are being dropped. That's business I guess, we can't really complain as we have had a good product that has worked off and on for many years.
The problem with this theory is he doesn't respond to forum posts that quick in general. He might respond to a few posts, and then it might be three weeks before he responds to forum posts again. From what it looks like, there's more support provided in the unofficial GSX support Discord.
Captain Kevin

LEdwards2012

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2024, 08:22:27 am »
The problem with this theory is he doesn't respond to forum posts that quick in general. He might respond to a few posts, and then it might be three weeks before he responds to forum posts again. From what it looks like, there's more support provided in the unofficial GSX support Discord.

That has cheered me up a bit, I hope you are correct and my theory is totally wrong. I'm also being impatient given that we are just exiting the holiday season.

Profs_72

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2024, 11:04:12 pm »

I'd be surprised given FSDT's history (so appreciated by me for this) of keeping some of the oldest products compatible with the latest versions of P3D (and even updating them with features where reasonable)

Has any interim solutions been found or should I leave my GSX out of date for fear of the same issue?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2024, 12:36:29 am »
Has any interim solutions been found or should I leave my GSX out of date for fear of the same issue?
Another option is to backup the Add-on Manager folder, then run the update. If you start having issues, you can just copy over the files from the backup back to the Add-on Manager folder and you'll be back to the previous version.
Captain Kevin

Profs_72

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2024, 04:51:48 pm »
Another option is to backup the Add-on Manager folder, then run the update. If you start having issues, you can just copy over the files from the backup back to the Add-on Manager folder and you'll be back to the previous version.

Good shout, might try that.

Pitter

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2024, 01:42:01 pm »
Ref to the commend from Captain Kevin.
I did the Addon Manager replaced with a older one from back-up, but no change.
The prob with pax boarding still exist

There must be something else which is going wrong

Peter

Pitter

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2024, 01:52:47 pm »
Question to Captain Kevin:

about which addon manager to save before any update are we talking here?

I found on my pc that: Programme X86: addon Manager,
and another here: C:\user\myname\Documents\P3Dv4 Add ons

Brgds,
Peter

stefangr

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2024, 04:07:00 pm »
For me the option to board the crew before, has been proved as a good work around.

Maybe it is taking 1 minute more to board the crew, but that's nothing compared to wait 15 minutes before passengers start boarding. The pax boarding starts right after the crew has boarded.

srcooke

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2024, 07:01:53 pm »
For me the option to board the crew before, has been proved as a good work around.

Maybe it is taking 1 minute more to board the crew, but that's nothing compared to wait 15 minutes before passengers start boarding. The pax boarding starts right after the crew has boarded.

A workaround maybe, not an option. It took years to get the crew boarding disabled in the first place.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

okupton

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2024, 03:15:46 am »
Did a flight in the fslabs bus tonight and everything worked as intended.  I did update gsx before hand.  Not sure if anything actually updated or what, but gsx behaved normally.

Pitter

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2024, 04:50:20 pm »
I did a GSX update today, and start P3Dv4 for a test:

AS A320 fully loaded:
Req boarding: Baggage train arrives with 1!! container:
Pax starting boarding about 3-4 min after bag/cargo (above mentioned container) loading finisched
Pax bus (no gate position) arrived: small van like a 7 seater with 1!!!! pax for me

I guess, the support for P3d is going to an end

Peter

kmax59

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2024, 06:44:37 pm »

I guess, the support for P3d is going to an end

Peter

Which is understandable, that does not mean the product should be expected to not work anymore, we did not bought it as is.
Honestly, while the updates are welcome, I have nothing against FSDT stopping updates for P3D if they break the P3D version, BUT I want to keep a working version, there was no expiry time indicated when we bought GSX.

Hopefully we will get an update that will correct these sooner than later. We currently have no ways of coming back to a properly working version.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 06:53:20 pm by kmax59 »