Author Topic: GSX MSFS - Passengers in PMDG 737 dissapear when they seated  (Read 1131 times)

Nikinr1

GSX MSFS - Passengers in PMDG 737 dissapear when they seated
« on: August 03, 2024, 11:07:31 am »
hi all,

I have a problem with GSX and the PMDG 737.
I have updated GSX and acitvated the option seated passangers for the 737 800 in the Config.
During boarding, passengers are visible, enter the aircraft and go to their seats.
But as soon as they have taken a seat, they disappear and the cabin is empty.
Is there a trick to make the passengers visible? As far as I know, it is not possible to open the cockpit doors on the PMDG 737.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Darewell

Re: GSX MSFS - Passengers in PMDG 737 dissapear when they seated
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2024, 03:14:57 pm »
Hi,

Chime switch needs to be set to off.

kingnorris

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2024, 06:50:33 pm »
Hi,

Chime switch needs to be set to off.

Thank You!! I was about to post the same thing but this thread showed up in search. Works!

goldlife

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 09:13:27 am »
why is there this design decision? It is annoying to leave the cockpit door open during the flight so that you can see the passengers. I would like to be able to jump to the back of the cabin during the flight and see the passengers without having to open the door because I have created several interior views.

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 10:16:14 am »
why is there this design decision? It is annoying to leave the cockpit door open during the flight so that you can see the passengers. I would like to be able to jump to the back of the cabin during the flight and see the passengers without having to open the door because I have created several interior views.

as  far  as  i know  you cant  open  the cockpit door  for  the  737  series  only  the  777 so  thats  why  the  chime option is  used,  thats  the only  way  around  this  issue  for the  code.

goldlife

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2024, 11:14:40 am »

as  far  as  i know  you cant  open  the cockpit door  for  the  737  series  only  the  777 so  thats  why  the  chime option is  used,  thats  the only  way  around  this  issue  for the  code.

I am sorry but I do not mean the 737 but the a320 of fenix.
I would like to be able to jump to the back of the cabin during the flight and see the passengers without having to open the door because I have created several interior views.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 02:59:37 pm »

The obvious reason for this correct design decision, is that we MUST have a way to let the user control when and how they would get the inevitable fps drop due to seated passengers and, if we did what you were suggesting (ignoring the door status in VC camera), we would force the fps hit on everyone, with no way to control it during the flight, and especially when landing, where you are in VC and you need all the fps you can get.

And yes, somebody already suggested an "I don't care about fps" option, that would consider the cockpit door to be always opened, and this is being considered for an addition, but it will be an OPTION and will be DISABLED by default.

goldlife

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2024, 03:31:58 pm »
Thanks for the detailed explanation! Great, I didn't think about the FPS, but it makes sense. Then it's logical. And yes, I would also prefer an option that allows GSX to "think" that the door is always open. So everyone can decide freely whether they agree to the FPS decreasing or not.

romaf12008

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2024, 02:34:23 pm »
This is not just a decrease in FPS - it's a complete jerk