Author Topic: Dual Gate Operations and Faster boarding  (Read 648 times)

SgtMav316

Dual Gate Operations and Faster boarding
« on: August 01, 2024, 10:16:51 am »
We strive for realism, i get that. But it really bites having to wait almost a whole hr for 370 passengers to board the B77W. I heard there was a issue with the coding to use the dual gate system like we had in P3D with MSFS. Are there any options to get passsengers to pick up the pace boarding the aircraft?

Darewell

Re: Dual Gate Operations and Faster boarding
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2024, 12:01:49 pm »
You can increase the passengers density during boarding and deboarding in GSX settings.

SgtMav316

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2024, 12:25:30 pm »
The density slider doesnt move for when i try to move it like it is prefixed for the B777 already

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2024, 03:54:33 am »
The density slider doesnt move for when i try to move it like it is prefixed for the B777 already

No, it's not, some settings are locked because they don't work well with PMDG and Fenix airplanes (and are greyed out), but the Passengers Density is not.

Propilot23k

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2024, 05:56:25 pm »
this is another case point why I urged for us to be able to set a time. most domestic boarding operations have 30 mins. I believe intl flights is 45 mins or so. It would just make it easier to look at the flight we are doing and set the boarding time exactly to what we want vs the random toss up of what ever the game determines normal or dense. Today it took 15 mins to load 128 passengers with the slider set to normal. I had to sit there for a while and wait to push to meet my departure time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2024, 04:26:02 pm »
Today it took 15 mins to load 128 passengers with the slider set to normal. I had to sit there for a while and wait to push to meet my departure time.

You are making it sound as if this was a completely unrealistic time, which clearly isn't. Most users agree the next notch in the slider, the DENSE setting is the one that produces the most realistic timings, and it's not much harder on fps than Normal.