Author Topic: Invisible passengers at some gates/stands  (Read 1326 times)

WebMaximus

Invisible passengers at some gates/stands
« on: July 30, 2024, 05:41:21 pm »
Noticed how I sometimes don't see any passengers even after hearing the message from GSX saying the boarding/deboarding started.

An already known issue or related to the airport configs I'm using?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invisible passengers at some gates/stands
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 06:03:25 pm »
Please clarify if they are gates with jetways or parking stands with bus or walk-in.

If there's a jetway, a failure to connect it properly would cause this, and a very fast boarding with a message from GSX saying that.

If, instead, you are not on gate with a jetway and/or the boarding speed is normal and you are just missing the object, it's because you must have hit the maximum Simobjects limit, usually due to too many AI, too complex scenery or a combination of both, so you need to act on those settings to stay within the limits.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 03:41:26 pm »
Don't recall if it was a stand or a gate with a jetway but thanks for the explanation, will keep what you said in mind if/when I see the same thing again.

On the same topic, when in 2D mode and watching the passengers boarding the aircraft, I see how they walk to their seats but as soon as they sit down, they disappear. However, when I'm in VR mode and using the very same camera view (looking back into the cabin from the cockpit door), I do see the passengers in their seats after they sat down.

That's kind of odd, isn't it? I'm using all the same settings in MSFS for 2D and VR mode.
Richard Åsberg

pepo_paramo

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2024, 01:26:29 am »
Please clarify if they are gates with jetways or parking stands with bus or walk-in.

If there's a jetway, a failure to connect it properly would cause this, and a very fast boarding with a message from GSX saying that.

If, instead, you are not on gate with a jetway and/or the boarding speed is normal and you are just missing the object, it's because you must have hit the maximum Simobjects limit, usually due to too many AI, too complex scenery or a combination of both, so you need to act on those settings to stay within the limits.

Can I have and answer in my posts please? Why are upyou ignoring me? I payed for a product and I deserve support for it! It’s been a while since I post my question and I’m frustrated because I’m not getting for what I payed for and what’s more I’m not getting any support from your team. I would kindly ask someone ti resolve my issue please.

Jeeno

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2024, 09:57:06 am »
Same issue here. It happens most of the times on the second consecutive flight. It happens both with walk-in gates and parking with bus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2024, 04:43:48 pm »
Same issue here. It happens most of the times on the second consecutive flight. It happens both with walk-in gates and parking with bus.

Please provide precise reproduction steps, the airplane used, the scenery used, the GSX profile used, and the arrival gate.

Darewell

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2024, 05:48:09 pm »

Please provide precise reproduction steps, the airplane used, the scenery used, the GSX profile used, and the arrival gate.

I noticed the same issue recently with the last GSX build. No crew and passengers boarding on the first consecutive flight.

Airplane: PMDG 737-800
Livery: https://fr.flightsim.to/file/52164/jet2-com-3-pack-pmdg-737-800 (JZBX)

Departure airport: GCFV MK Studios (no GSX profile), boarding worked as expected
Arrival airport: EGBB MaccoSim (GSX profile used: https://fr.flightsim.to/file/38945/gsx-profile-egbb-birmingham-maccosim )
Arrival stand 3

I can't see any passengers and crew while boarding, but I can see the baggages being loaded.

It's just an example, happened in other airports always on the first consecutive flight.

PS: I'm not using the seated passengers feature, just talking about the passengers and crew who are walking.

Jeeno

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2024, 07:37:53 pm »

Any gate, any airport, PMDG B737-800. First flight everything is working as expected. I land at any airport, deboard aircraft. Load a new simbrief, data shown regarding pax number, cargo etc... is spot on. Request boarding, first passenger are visible, then the counter is going up but no passenger are shown anymore. Boarding ends, land at destination airport, deboarding and this time there are no passenger going down from the stairs, they just spawn in the bus (or if the gate is walk-in you can't see anything).

Having this issue since a couple of months. Never had it before

Jeeno

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2024, 08:46:54 pm »
PS: the main trigger is doing two consecutive flights without restarting coautl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2024, 12:00:44 am »
If you don't see passengers at arrival, it's possible you hit the maximum Simobjects limit during the flight. Restarting GSX would immediately remove all objects created by GSX, so the sim might have enough headroom to create the new ones.

Jeeno

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2024, 08:45:56 am »
Could be, but why I've never had this issue before? I'm flying at the same airports, same scenery, same aircraft, haven't changed any settings.

PS: I see the passenger at arrival, provided it's the first flight. I cannot see them on the second flight. Just try two consecutive flights without restarting coautl
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 08:47:29 am by Jeeno »

fabristunt

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2024, 01:16:30 pm »

VioletUtica

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2024, 02:03:47 pm »
Is everyone making sure these gates have passenger waypoints if not using buses? It's easy to miss but makes sense once you realise.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2024, 02:54:09 pm »
Could be, but why I've never had this issue before? I'm flying at the same airports, same scenery, same aircraft, haven't changed any settings.

Seated passengers will likely get you closer to hitting the max Simobject limit, that's what might have changed. So you need to act accordingly on your settings to keep it under control.

Jeeno

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2024, 05:01:35 pm »
Never even tried seated passenger. I've never activated them.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 03:01:08 pm by virtuali »