Author Topic: Throwing passengers out of the plane in cruise...  (Read 1922 times)

psolk

Throwing passengers out of the plane in cruise...
« on: July 30, 2024, 01:07:56 am »
So clearly I have a disgruntled flight attendant throwing passengers out of the plane while I am in cruise. 
My Simbrief flight plan had 370 passengers which is also what GSX boarded.  Upon lading however there are only 197 passengers to deplane. 

So somewhere between departure and arrival I am losing passengers mid flight...   I am not manually adjusting any numbers, everything is done via simbrief. 

Ironically the plane still "looks" full and the crew and pilots deboarded while GSX animated passengers sat on the plane. 

I just hope they at least gave them parachutes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Throwing passengers out of the plane in cruise...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 06:19:50 pm »
Have you possibly reloaded a new Simbrief plan for the return flight before Deboarding passengers ? That or the airplane code changing the passengers number variable are the only things which can possibly result in the number of passengers changing, since GSX never reset that variable, not even when it restarts.

psolk

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2024, 02:02:06 am »
Nope, same simbrief plan throughout.  Not sure how the airline code could change the number of passengers but I will keep a close eye out next flight.  Just did another one where I boarded with 370 and landed and deboarded 192 but the remaining passengers are still in their seats on the plane...  So I still have 370 passengers but GSX is only offloading 192 of them for some reason. 

psolk

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2024, 06:25:17 pm »
So yesterday somehow people got ON the plane mid flight LOL. 
Boarded 169 and landed with 305.  :o

The one thing I do notice is as soon as I land the simbrief flight plan goes red and says it is no longer valid for my current flight.  This is on every flight. 
I have never parked at the gate and still had simbrief green.

My Simbrief plan never changes throughout the flight.  It is the same generated flight and the PMDG EFB matches simbrief. 

I have also not seen anywhere in the PMDG CDU to modify passengers number so I wouldn't even know how to modify it there.

psolk

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2024, 02:04:31 am »
Looks like it is the passenger quantity that is being input on the 3rd CDU that is changing.  For some reason the quantity being imported from the Simbrief flight plan into the primary cdu during preflight doesn't match the qty in the 3rd cdu which is where I here GSX entering all it's quantities...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2024, 02:12:06 am »
Please provide with a log, which will confirm what is really happening.

psolk

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2024, 03:03:35 am »
Will do.  Thank you.  When I changed the values in the 3rd CDU back to my simbrief numbers GSX deplaned the same number of passengers that I boarded... 
Simbrief said 370, boarded 370 changed the values from 189 back to 370 mid flight and deboarded 370. 
So at least I know where the erroneous values are coming from now. 
Will enable the troubleshooting logs in my settings and do another flight tomorrow and send them over.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2024, 03:14:09 am »
Simbrief said 370, boarded 370 changed the values from 189 back to 370 mid flight and deboarded 370. 

What I need to know (and a log would confirm that ) is, has GSX set 370 passengers when it was operating on the CDU ? I guess it should have, otherwise it wouldn't have boarded 370 passengers. Or, maybe it hasn't set anything at all, so you had 189 as some kind of default, and GSX failed somehow to operate the CDU to set it ?

Or, has the number changed AFTER GSX started boarding, possibly by the airplane itself ?

psolk

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2024, 03:16:50 am »
Log attached. 
What is interesting is the last entry about Simbrief. 

I have a green Simbrief icon when I get to the gate it says my plane does not match. 
My Simbrief plan does not change.  If I load Simbrief now it is still the same plan. 
I have tried to include my simbrief MSFS plan and PMDG.rte but I can not upload them.     
Thank you.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 03:29:01 am by virtuali »

psolk

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2024, 03:18:19 am »

What I need to know (and a log would confirm that ) is, has GSX set 370 passengers when it was operating on the CDU ? I guess it should have, otherwise it wouldn't have boarded 370 passengers. Or, maybe it hasn't set anything at all, so you had 189 as some kind of default, and GSX failed somehow to operate the CDU to set it ?

Or, has the number changed AFTER GSX started boarding, possibly by the airplane itself ?
Now that I know where the error is happening I can monitor the CDU inputs as the flight loads tomorrow. 

psolk

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2024, 03:27:57 am »
OK,
problem 1 is when I land at destination it think the destination should be my departure which is why the simbrief always goes red.
Problem 2 seems to be with the CDU inputs.  I created a new simbrief flight plan from KLAS-KEWR and requested a boarding.  (I had just landed at KLAS from KEWR and deboarded and after I changed the values I deboarded 370 passengers)
Here is the log and why I keep hearing the clicking, it appears to be saying invalid input.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 03:28:40 am by virtuali »

psolk

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2024, 03:28:14 am »
Had to split up the log
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 03:28:47 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2024, 03:29:48 am »
Please post logs this way, but ZIP them and ATTACH to a post.

psolk

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2024, 03:31:29 am »
Ah, Sorry...

psolk

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2024, 03:51:15 am »
Found it...
It is when I press the SET PAYLOAD button within the PMDG CDU.
Here is the complete GSX Log. 
GSX loads 370 passengers as expected.  I confirmed the payload in the 3rd CDU.

THEN I went through and completed the 777 CDU setup process as I normally do.  After importing the Simbrief route into the EFB and then CDU I pressed the SET PAYLOAD   then SET FUEL  and finally SELECT ROUTE in the PMDG CDU. 
Sure enough when I pressed SET PAYLOAD the number changed to 189 passengers...  I watched it happen. 
So it is something with the PAYLOAD import process within the 777 CDU.  Now I am not sure why the PMDG payload read 189 passengers when simbrief has 370 and GSX loaded 370. 

I will take that up with PMDG.