Author Topic: GSX Seated Passengers Maddog MD80  (Read 1276 times)

davidcherrie

GSX Seated Passengers Maddog MD80
« on: July 29, 2024, 01:05:08 pm »
Seated passengers causes the external model to disappear with the MD80. Running latest GSX and Maddog and have unchecked and rechecked the seated passengers option.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Seated Passengers Maddog MD80
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 11:43:25 pm »
Doesn't happen here. If you are noticing this with a particular livery, please provide a link or a reference to which livery is, exactly.

Also, if you just updated the airplane, it might be better if you disabled the Seated passengers on it before performing the update. If you lost the chance of doing it, it's probably best to uninstall and reinstall the airplane and all its liveries.

davidcherrie

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2024, 09:14:39 am »
It happened with all liveries including the Leonardo house when I enabled it. Will try reinstalling the plane.

davidcherrie

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2024, 03:21:45 pm »
Doesn't happen here. If you are noticing this with a particular livery, please provide a link or a reference to which livery is, exactly.

Also, if you just updated the airplane, it might be better if you disabled the Seated passengers on it before performing the update. If you lost the chance of doing it, it's probably best to uninstall and reinstall the airplane and all its liveries.

Have reinstalled the plane with Seated Passengers turned off. Works fine, then when turning seated passengers on, the house livery for all 3 aircraft turn to this:

davidcherrie

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2024, 05:19:59 am »
Any updates...?

Bananimal

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2024, 03:24:06 pm »
It's happening here too. Someone posted on the Leonardo website of the issue as well. I've attached the CFG files related to one of my add-on skins.

It's worth noting, all my MD-82 skins are the same as I use PowerShell to programmatically modify every skin to get the CFGs the way they need to be to work in the sim. It'll even create the "Model" folder and drop the latest version of the "model.cfg" file in a correct folder if a "Model" folder does not exist for the skin. I did this because the "GSX Pro Config" didn't always create a model folder as needed for each of the 340+ skins I have. Then when enabling GSX Pro for the aircraft, I can literally watch the changes to the model.cfg file take place. All aliases in those files look correct to me. As I said above, I've attached them for your review.

From what I know about file manipulation on 2020 skins, this may be an issue with the Leonardo aircraft itself. All references to the model appear to be correct in the original and modified files as far as I can tell.

pizzamonster

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2024, 08:24:37 pm »
I have same problem, looking for solution on Leonardo forum also. For this moment I just disabled seated passengers because this conflict with all my liveries. I was hoping last GSX update will resolve this problem...

davidcherrie

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2024, 03:43:01 pm »
With a fresh install and no add-on liveries, this issue happens. Glad to see I'm not the only one affected.

icebird4all

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2024, 06:10:32 pm »
Same problem for me - no exterior with seated pax on. No seated pax and the exterior is back! In this case i use the MD-88 SAS Livery

icebird4all

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2024, 11:21:27 pm »
OK - it seems it was a problem with certain liveries. When i checked - that some livery was working and others not - i had a look in the folder and files. GSX is modifying the MaddogX_exterior.xml. I found a wrong path for ModelFile="..\..\MaddogX\Model\MaddogX_exterior.gltf" - which was reading: ModelFile="MaddogX_exterior.gltf" instead. After i changed it - everything was working.

Maybe this can help you - if you have the same problem.

Bananimal

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2024, 02:56:39 pm »
That's not going to fix it. Aliasing directly to the model file skips the xml file needed to configure the plane for passengers. This is the correct entry you should have in your "model.cfg" file. Note the alias for the interior model (which still works) is still there after GSX modifies the "model.cfg" file. IF you change the exterior call back to "exterior = ..\..\maddogx\model\maddogx_exterior.xml" the external model works again. This indicates something is wrong in the "MaddogX_exterior.xml" file that GSX created in the skin/livery folder.

[models]
exterior = MaddogX_exterior.xml
interior = ..\..\maddogx\model\maddogx_interior.xml

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2024, 03:07:32 pm »
it seems it was a problem with certain liveries.

That's why I asked which ones:

If you are noticing this with a particular livery, please provide a link or a reference to which livery is, exactly.

Bananimal

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2024, 03:59:52 pm »
In my case, it's all liveries including the defaults.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2024, 04:00:58 pm »
In my case, it's all liveries including the defaults.

Default liveries works fine here, I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the MaddogX and be sure it's the latest version.

Bananimal

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2024, 04:05:31 pm »
Did that already. Results are the same. I'm well, well versed in files related to getting liveries working in the sim. I have over 4TB of skins all managed with PS scripting. So, there is definitely something wrong when the default install and default skins fail to load the external model with no custom skins installed. Remove GSX and the default skins go back to working. That tells me there is a potential issue in the XML file that GSX writes to the model.cfg file for the aircraft/skin.