Author Topic: PMDG planes missing from MSFS after enabling seating option  (Read 4278 times)

psolk

So per my other post the seating passengers option did not work on my initial attempt. 
After completing my flight I shut down MSFS and launched FSDT installer.  I then unchecked the seated passengers option in GSX.  Reloaded MSFS and my PMDG 737 and 777 are no longer showing up at all under aircraft selection.  Tried to exit and re-enable seated passengers, still no PMDG planes.  Removed the GSX seated passengers and they are still gone. 
The ONLY change I made was within the FSDT installer and GSX config.  NOTHING else on the machine was touched.  Even my PMDG Operations Center still shows the planes installed and no updates available.  So clearly something in the modification of the files when the options were enabled have somehow corrupted something critical for the planes to even appear in MSFS.
So how do I restore my PMDG planes? Full re-install? 
Please advise.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 02:17:16 am by psolk »

keino333

Re: PMDG planes missing from MSFS after enabling seating option
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2024, 02:27:10 am »
I have the same issue, but both PMDG products and Fenix disappeared from the MSFS aircraft selection. I was, however, successful in restoring Fenix by re-downloading and reinstalling. But I see no restoration of the PMDG products after executing the same.   

maxrank

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2024, 02:37:39 am »
Identical issue my side. I reinstalled the PMDG 777 and 737 and they will appear, however GSX won’t start and shows inactive and if you change anything in the installer the aircraft vanish again.

psolk

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2024, 02:45:02 am »
Yeah, I tried to repair my 777 via the PMDG installer and that didn't work so then I tried a full uninstall and reinstall with activation and it loads again but it is broken with the yoke hard left and nothing in the plane works. 

I guess I will try to uninstall and make sure everything is gone from the community folder and reinstall again but it does look like something on the PMDG side is completely broken after trying to get seated passengers to work...

keino333

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2024, 02:45:36 am »
Perhaps something in the JSON file is off-putting. At any rate, I have deactivated all of the pax in GSX and am now reinstalling all PMDG products.

jeffsilvajs

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2024, 02:46:32 am »
Identical issue my side. I reinstalled the PMDG 777 and 737 and they will appear, however GSX won’t start and shows inactive and if you change anything in the installer the aircraft vanish again.

I have the same problem. Now i don't have a GSX menu at all

keino333

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2024, 02:47:56 am »
Yeah, I tried to repair my 777 via the PMDG installer and that didn't work so then I tried a full uninstall and reinstall with activation and it loads again but it is broken with the yoke hard left and nothing in the plane works. 

I guess I will try to uninstall and make sure everything is gone from the community folder and reinstall again but it does look like something on the PMDG side is completely broken after trying to get seated passengers to work...

You can also try to reload the aircraft from Developers' mode when that happens. That fixes the issue for me when the 737 does that which you described.

psolk

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2024, 02:51:24 am »
Perhaps something in the JSON file is off-putting. At any rate, I have deactivated all of the pax in GSX and am now reinstalling all PMDG products.
Same here and I was thinking the same thing so I have removed that JSON and the associated PMDG 777 folder and I am trying that before I try another full uninstall/reinstall.
Frustrating when I literally just completed a flight and modifying the GSX settings has somehow prevented the planes from even loading. 

psolk

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2024, 02:52:26 am »

You can also try to reload the aircraft from Developers' mode when that happens. That fixes the issue for me when the 737 does that which you described.

Can I ask how that is done?  Just enable Dev mode and load a flight? 
Thank you

keino333

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2024, 03:09:30 am »
Correct, and then you can also exit Developer mode from the pull menus above once systems are restored in the PMDG

keino333

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2024, 03:12:59 am »
yup looks like repair doesn't work.  But not only.  I had to uninstall it and then go back to the community folder to delete the remnants.  For I do not know what FSDT touched.  (clean install liveries too)

psolk

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2024, 03:19:13 am »
yup looks like repair doesn't work.  But not only.  I had to uninstall it and then go back to the community folder to delete the remnants.  For I do not know what FSDT touched.  (clean install liveries too)
Exact same here and I now have the 777 loading about to move on to the 737 but like others I now have no GSX loading...

psolk

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2024, 03:42:15 am »
I now have all my PMDG planes loading again after uninstalling, removing remnants from community folder and reinstalling the re-updating them.

Now I have no GSX loading in MSFS and I am concerned about running the FSDT updater again out of fears my PMDG planes will disappear again.

plguzman

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2024, 04:49:53 am »
Same thing. Even my Fenix A320 disappeared. They are in the content manager as installed, but not in the hangar. Tried several things, none work so far.

UPDATE: Ok, so I reinstalled the 777 and deactivated the seating pass option (for all planes), and all the planes appeared again. I'm scared of reactivate the option until Umberto say something about this.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 05:29:47 am by plguzman »

psolk

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2024, 12:33:05 pm »
Same thing. Even my Fenix A320 disappeared. They are in the content manager as installed, but not in the hangar. Tried several things, none work so far.

UPDATE: Ok, so I reinstalled the 777 and deactivated the seating pass option (for all planes), and all the planes appeared again. I'm scared of reactivate the option until Umberto say something about this.
Same...  Don't even want to run a GSX Live Update as I am scared that it was that last small update yesterday that borked all of my add-on planes.   I had run an update yesterday morning ~6am est. enabled seated passengers and despite not having seated passengers both my PMDG plane worked fine and GSX worked fine.  I then finished my flight, saw Umberto had advised there was a small update, ran that and re-enabled seated passengers and all of my PMDG planes were gone.  Then I unchecked seated passengers and my PMDG planes were still gone.  The only thing that got them back was a full re-install including clearing all remnants of PMDG from my community folder.  Finally got my 777 and 737 back, had to redo all my PMDG setting and then GSX was gone.  It is no longer even loading into the MSFS menu.

So it seems like my current options are either keep the PMDG planes with no GSX at all or risk re-installing GSX and delete all my PMDG planes again... 
Any update would be great.