Author Topic: Prosim737 with seated passengers ?  (Read 1409 times)

morten323

Prosim737 with seated passengers ?
« on: July 07, 2024, 10:33:55 pm »
Hello,
i would be very happy to get the seated pax working for the well known Prosim737 Aircraft (B737-800NG)
Do i have to wait until its maybe supported or is it possible to change the Aircraft myself to get it working ?

Thanks
Morten

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Prosim737 with seated passengers ?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 10:46:43 pm »
Morten, I believe GSX would have to be able to support it since they would have to configure it for each cabin of each airplane.
Captain Kevin

morten323

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2024, 09:35:47 am »
Hello,
that means i have to wait until FSDT supports/configures it and i can/must do nothing ?

Morten

alexm90

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 10:23:08 am »
Hi!

Prosim 737 doesnt have a modelled cabin, does it? Isnt it only the 737-systems for homecockpit builders / simulator operators?

Alex

morten323

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 04:21:31 pm »
Thats wrong.
Why do you not test it before you make such suggestions.

For sure the Prosim Model has a Pax Cabin and also a virtual cockpit view, outside views and all what another Aircraft has.
Its absolute the same

kingnorris

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2024, 12:28:18 am »
Thats wrong.

For sure the Prosim Model has a Pax Cabin and also a virtual cockpit view, outside views and all what another Aircraft has.
Its absolute the same

No need to be rude. The PMDG 737 also has a modeled cabin but GSX isn't updated for it either. As of right now, the pax feature only works for the Fenix A320. He asked a fair question.

morten323

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2024, 12:37:40 am »
That was not rude.
I just dont like if anyone "thinks" to know something but did not know or test it before.

It would be nice to have the Tools or to know how to make a aircraft possible for using the seated pax.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 12:48:02 am by morten323 »

kingnorris

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2024, 01:28:16 am »
That was not rude.
I just dont like if anyone "thinks" to know something but did not know or test it before.

It would be nice to have the Tools or to know how to make a aircraft possible for using the seated pax.

And he asked you if that was correct. He didn't insist it was.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2024, 01:29:02 am »
that means i have to wait until FSDT supports/configures it and i can/must do nothing ?
From what I can tell, yes.
Thats wrong.
It would be difficult to test something if one doesn't own it. That's why he asked.
The PMDG 737 also has a modeled cabin but GSX isn't updated for it either. As of right now, the pax feature only works for the Fenix A320. He asked a fair question.
Looking at the update notes, it also works with the Pilot's Dash-7 and the Leonardo Maddog. Keep in mind that although the PMDG 737 has a cabin, it doesn't have an opening flight deck door, so they would have to find a way to get around that.
That was not rude.
Doesn't look like he knew for sure, that's why he asked. You were reading it out of context.
Take that up with Umberto. I don't see anything in the manual that tells you how to do this, so you'll have to wait.
Captain Kevin

kingnorris

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2024, 10:41:33 pm »
I'll be honest though, as excited as I was to see the preview, after reading thru these forums of the various bugs people are experiencing, I can do without for right now. I do like the updated greetings based on proper times of day, however. No more "good morning" at 3 pm lol.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2024, 11:52:09 pm »
No need to be rude. The PMDG 737 also has a modeled cabin but GSX isn't updated for it either. As of right now, the pax feature only works for the Fenix A320. He asked a fair question.

It's not true it "only works for the Fenix A320", as of today, it works for Pilot's Dash-7 and Leonardo MD8x and, of course, we announced in many placed, support for the PMDG 737 and 777 will come soon.

I'll be honest though, as excited as I was to see the preview, after reading thru these forums of the various bugs people are experiencing, I can do without for right now.

There are no "bugs" in the Seated Passengers feature, which works perfectly fine, as long the instructions of the manual about what to do when adding a new Livery are followed.

All user reporting "bugs" (the only common "bug" is pink textures) either have unofficial liveries with non-standard names and in some cases actual errors in their aircraft.cfg like duplicated section names or other things that make the .cfg illegal so we can't patch it, or don't realize that, BECAUSE we must patch the airplane file, the Config page in the FSDT Installer MUST be entered again each time a new livery is installed after having enabled Seated Passengers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2024, 12:04:02 am »
i would be very happy to get the seated pax working for the well known Prosim737 Aircraft (B737-800NG) Do i have to wait until its maybe supported or is it possible to change the Aircraft myself to get it working ?

There's no way for users to add Seated passengers support for any airplane, because we need to generate custom 3d files for each airplane that are added to GSX set of objects and are created by custom software that is written to integrate into the GSX build system.

In addition to that, the installer must recognize any airplane explicitly, and take into account all the various quirkiness and methods various developer use to setup the airplane and its add-on liveries folders so no, it's not accessible to users.

I don't know how that product works, other than knowing it's geared to home cockpit builders, so if it's true it has a modeled 3D cabin, it might be theoretically possible to support it, but I don't see how this could possibly be happening without some support from the developers, since spending €1500 for a "non commercial" license (and I don't see a TRIAL option) JUST to add passengers, doesn't make any sense for us, since normal cheaper MSFS add-ons are like 1000x more popular so, if you Prosim customers would bring up this matter to the developers, and convince them Seated Passengers are important to you, maybe they'll listen and would find some way to make this happen.

morten323

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2024, 12:47:32 am »
i would be very happy to get the seated pax working for the well known Prosim737 Aircraft (B737-800NG) Do i have to wait until its maybe supported or is it possible to change the Aircraft myself to get it working ?

There's no way for users to add Seated passengers support for any airplane, because we need to generate custom 3d files for each airplane that are added to GSX set of objects and are created by custom software that is written to integrate into the GSX build system.

In addition to that, the installer must recognize any airplane explicitly, and take into account all the various quirkiness and methods various developer use to setup the airplane and its add-on liveries folders so no, it's not accessible to users.

I don't know how that product works, other than knowing it's geared to home cockpit builders, so if it's true it has a modeled 3D cabin, it might be theoretically possible to support it, but I don't see how this could possibly be happening without some support from the developers, since spending €1500 for a "non commercial" license (and I don't see a TRIAL option) JUST to add passengers, doesn't make any sense for us, since normal cheaper MSFS add-ons are like 1000x more popular so, if you Prosim customers would bring up this matter to the developers, and convince them Seated Passengers are important to you, maybe they'll listen and would find some way to make this happen.

Hello @virtuali
there is a Beta Version available here:
https://cdndl.prosim-ar.com/ProSimB738/Beta/?C=M;O=D

You need to download ( at best ) the latest Beta version and then open the zip file.
Here you will find another zip file called "ProSimB738.zip".
Unpack this file to any place and run the exe file.
Then you have the beta version installed.

After that you can download the latest Flightmodel ( version 2.13 which is for MSFS ) and install it.

If you need any help, feel free to PM or emial me ( morten323@mail.de )

Thanks a lot for implementing this !!
Morten

« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 12:53:53 am by morten323 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2024, 12:54:02 am »
You need to download ( at best ) the latest Beta version and then open the zip file. Here you will find another zip file called "ProSimB738.zip".

Lots of stuff there but, where is the actual airplane model with the 3D cabin ? I couldn't find any in either folders of that file.

EDIT

Nevermind I found it after you attached the picture. I was confused by your reference about download the Flight Model, it was the Visual Model instead.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 12:57:18 am by virtuali »

morten323

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2024, 09:00:36 am »
You need to download ( at best ) the latest Beta version and then open the zip file. Here you will find another zip file called "ProSimB738.zip".

Lots of stuff there but, where is the actual airplane model with the 3D cabin ? I couldn't find any in either folders of that file.

EDIT

Nevermind I found it after you attached the picture. I was confused by your reference about download the Flight Model, it was the Visual Model instead.

Hello,

yes i am sorry, after i finish the Post i think abut that too...you dont know the software and maybe you dont find the Flightmodel.
Then i did the Screenshots for you.

Sorry...but now you found it and i can hope for some pax in my Aircraft :-)

Thanks
Morten