Author Topic: set FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS does not work correctly in P3Dv5  (Read 629 times)

dkreiskott

It seems that in Prepar3d v5, even with Simbrief login, the number of passengers is not taken from Simbrief.

So I wrote a small program that reads the number of passengers from the Simbrief OFP and then writes it into the Lvar "FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS".

I set the value with a vb.net program and the FSUIPC DLL from Paul Hentry. Reading the status variables for boarding always works.

But setting the Lvar only works if I then trigger Couatl once via Add-ons -> Couatl settings -> Restart Couatl. Then the Lvar for FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS is set.

The Lvar is written with "FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS", passengers)" where "passengers" contains the number of Simbrief OFP passengers.

That looks like a bug in GSX to me? Or when can you set this Lvar?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: set FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS does not work correctly in P3Dv5
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 02:11:04 am »
It would have been best if you just posted a log to confirm the problem, that would surely take way less time than writing a program assuming GSX has a bug.

The number of passengers is correctly read by GSX in FSX and P3D too, the most likely issue is that, the flightplan wasn't accepted, because the airplane type wasn't recognized. This because Simbrief uses the ICAO type designator in the flightplan, and FSX/P3D don't support the icao_type_designator in the aircraft.cfg, which is a new setting that has been introduced in MSFS.

GSX allows you to set it in the airplane configuration page so, even if it's not supported by the FSX/P3D aircraft.cfg, it can be set in the GSX airplane profile, so it would work.

Of course, I just tested it with the A321 imported from FSX, by default the passengers number wasn't set ( the GSX log would say "can't read the airplane type" ), but as soon as I entered A321 as the Icao type in the airplane configuration page and restarted GSX, a Simbrief flight plan for an A321 was read, and the correct number of passengers was set.

dkreiskott

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2024, 12:32:45 pm »
Hello, you're right, the information for the A320 was missing in the configuration. Now it works with the passengers.

However, I have found another problem. In Europe we work in kg when refueling.
If the value from the Simbrief OFP is refueled, I don't end up refueling enough. This can be reproduced at any time.

Regards Dieter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 11:23:34 pm »
If the value from the Simbrief OFP is refueled, I don't end up refueling enough. This can be reproduced at any time.

That's not what happens. GSX will read the units of measure from the saved plan on Simbrief and, no matter what they are, it will always convert them to US Gallons, so the final refueling quantity will always be right, no matter which units you used in the flightplan or setup in the sim.

Note that, this only matters when GSX is refueling the airplane, it doesn't matter, at all, when the airplane is refueling itself, because when the airplane is refueling itself, GSX is only animating the counter for as long the airplane keep fueling itself, it has NO CONTROL over how much fuel gets loaded, it just wait for the airplane to stop fueling, and it then sends the fuel truck away.

Because, you haven't said exactly which "A320" you are referring to but, if I guess right, and you are referring to the FSLabs A320, that's an airplane which is not refueled by GSX.