Author Topic: Load Time effect of GSX Pro?  (Read 855 times)

funkyhut

Load Time effect of GSX Pro?
« on: July 01, 2024, 05:38:50 am »
When I launch MSFS with GSX Pro installed but inactive and FSUIPC installed my load time is about 90-100 seconds to the flight select screen. When I activate GSX Pro that time goes out to close to 5 minutes. Is that normal or am I missing something?
Thank you,

Chris Stanley
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 05:53:35 am by funkyhut »

Artox67

Re: Load Time effect of GSX Pro?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 10:16:14 am »
Same here.
Without GSX, loading time is around 60 sec.
With GSX enabled, the loading time extends to 5 min.

Also, the switch back to the main menu takes extremely long.
With nearly every update of GSX the loading time extend more and more.

kingnorris

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 12:09:23 am »
When I launch MSFS with GSX Pro installed but inactive and FSUIPC installed my load time is about 90-100 seconds to the flight select screen. When I activate GSX Pro that time goes out to close to 5 minutes. Is that normal or am I missing something?
Thank you,

Chris Stanley

Yes it's normal. There's another thread here someplace that Virtuali responded to. Has to load all the GSX "stuff" like vehicles, jetways, etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 01:33:42 am »
Quoting from the manual, Page 95, the Troubleshooting chapter:

MSFS takes longer to start with GSX installed

GSX needs to add a large number of available Simobjects to the simulator, with many models in hundreds of different liveries so, it’s normal it adds to the startup time, like any other product that needs to add a large collection of objects and texture, for example an AI Traffic package.

A way to reduce the startup time, is to Disable ALL “AirportServices” files, that is putting all the airports in the “AirportServices” list on the Config Page in the FSDT Installer, to the “Disabled” column.

This will speed up the startup time considerably, since those files cover about 15.000 airports. Disabling Airport Services will only result in less accurate Operator selection for Ground Vehicles servicing AI or wandering around the airport. Those will beselected “By region” instead of “By airport”, so the operators will be more generic.

GSX vehicles proper, used by your airplane, won’t be affected by this