Author Topic: Subtitle - File Option 1 - File Option 2 (Tried everything)  (Read 712 times)

MajorMike

I have just started having an issue with GSX. GSX opens on starting the simulator but rather than listing deboard, push backand other  options it just shows File options. If I click on the top one on the list of those it will start deboarding. Is it possible to restore the normal text. The best thing is to view the screenshot.
Although I had thought I made the screenshot in the requested size I wasn't sure if the file had uploaded so I have made a link to my google drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qzj1ks9ieJqbTGjyZtlRbIbwgGepKFMy/view?usp=drive_link

Rusty Dog

Re: Subtitle - File Option 1 - File Option 2 (Tried everything)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024, 05:12:41 pm »
Since the 3.05 update and hopefully solving the 'pink passengers when seated' issue, I cannot seem to fix this menu issue. 
My account is Administrator.  I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 times now.  I even cleaned the registry the last time I uninstalled.  Did a full clean re-install and still the same. 
I don't know what else I can do.  I've seen other people with the same issues, even some dating back to 2022 and have followed all the advice from virtuali. 
Nothing has made any difference.

gsumner

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2024, 12:12:21 am »
Im getting the same thing too

Hopefully the team is aware and an update will follow to fix this.

Graham

Rusty Dog

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2024, 01:57:10 am »
Just tried a flight with the Fenix and of course without the menu there is no pushback that you can do so the plane gets stuck in place. 
Had to totally uninstall GSX until the devs figure out a way to fix this.  It's been 2 years now it seems.  I dunno how it got broke with 3.05 and yet it got out of the door.
I'll wait for the next version and keep my fingers crossed. 

keithgiannoni

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2024, 10:36:16 am »
Likewise, GSX is currently unusable. Regarding the Fenix, there is a perfectly good push back option in the EFP under Ground Services. I would recommend disconnection GSX in the EFB otherwise it will activate once you set the beacon light. Another reason is if you do not disconnect, GSX will continue to set the Tug even if you continue to reset it until you have started both engines.

I am sure there will be fix soon.

Keith

keithgiannoni

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024, 10:41:32 am »
You are not alone. GSX is unusable at present if you have updated 3.05. I cannot launch the scree you show at all. I am sure an update will be with us soon.

Keith

Rusty Dog

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2024, 02:53:26 pm »
Ah yes, that is an idea, disconnecting it in the EFB.  I forgot about that option.  Anyway, as I've uninstalled GSX now,  I'll wait for an update and pin everything on that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2024, 04:50:25 pm »
It's a network problem caused by recent global outages.

If you suspect networks problems (Yes, Cloudlare itself was affected, not just Microsoft), you should try the OFFLINE INSTALLER. Even if the readme on the forum might not be the very latest version, the actual .EXE is always updated to the latest update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

keithgiannoni

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2024, 07:21:02 pm »
Thanks, all good now! I will try to remember this fix next time. I was on the Simulator, or rather not, this week when the outage occurred. It caused significant problems for many.

best,

keith

Rusty Dog

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2024, 07:57:29 am »
It's a network problem caused by recent global outages.

If you suspect networks problems (Yes, Cloudlare itself was affected, not just Microsoft), you should try the OFFLINE INSTALLER. Even if the readme on the forum might not be the very latest version, the actual .EXE is always updated to the latest update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

That fixed it for me.  Thank you !!