Author Topic: FSDT Live Update can not connect to the internet  (Read 1172 times)

Cmt_Mario Marques

FSDT Live Update can not connect to the internet
« on: June 06, 2024, 10:20:55 pm »
The updater cannot connect to the internet. I have followed the recomendations about anti virus and firewall but the result is the same. I am using FSX , Windows 10 Pro 64bits, always worked since i
bought the product but today i cant update the FSDT live. Can you help please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Update can not connect to the internet
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 01:09:08 am »
Are you sure it's not just the server maintenance message, which is telling you can't update while a new version is being deployed ? That's only relevant for updates, but you surely can install.

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 01:53:35 am »
Are you telling to me that is just a server maintenance problem? Never happened that’s why I’m asking for help. Gsx is working properly, but I can’t ask for the refuelling, app crashes, but rest work fine. So you think is a server problem, ok I will try later .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 01:58:48 am »
I've said is exactly the opposite: there's NO server problem, that is assuming you saw the message I described.

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 10:58:35 am »
So, what you suggest for me to try resolve the problem.
I can’t do FSDT Live Update. I already turn off firewall and anti virus in windows 10. But the problem won’t resolve.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2024, 11:49:30 am »
You still haven't confirmed if the message you saw was the one about the server in maintenance, which not only is normal during an update, but is no longer there now.

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2024, 12:18:30 pm »
No, nothing to do with the server. When I try to do the live update of FSDT, then pop up a window saying this. “ The updater cannot connect to the internet. This is usually caused by a firewall/antivirus. Please disable it and run the FSDT live updater again from the desktop, to be sure to get the lastest files.”

I did the suggestion, I use windows defender from windows 10 pro, never had any problem updating, since yesterday. I tried today the problem still remain. Thanks for your feedback.

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2024, 07:07:35 pm »
It is what is happened, since yesterday. I placed in attachment.

bcm652

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2024, 04:11:32 am »
I would like to make a suggestion. Click on ''this pc'' on your desktop. Then click on your ''C'' drive. Then click on ''program files (86)'' Then click on ''Addon Manager.'' Then click on ''Couatl Updater 2.'' That should  open the updater and it will start updating your FSDT.
This is a shorter and easier way to open the updater then using DOS commands. Hope it works for you.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2024, 04:33:06 am »
I would like to make a suggestion. Click on ''this pc'' on your desktop. Then click on your ''C'' drive. Then click on ''program files (86)'' Then click on ''Addon Manager.'' Then click on ''Couatl Updater 2.'' That should  open the updater and it will start updating your FSDT.
This is a shorter and easier way to open the updater then using DOS commands. Hope it works for you.
If I remember, it won't check to see if the updater is up to date if you do that.
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2024, 05:12:23 am »
This can bypass the FSDT live update and launch the updater. If it works, it should update his whole FSDT and his live updater. I'm thinking his live updater got corrupted and won't connect to the web and this might, worth a try.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2024, 02:13:38 pm »
This can bypass the FSDT live update and launch the updater. If it works, it should update his whole FSDT and his live updater. I'm thinking his live updater got corrupted and won't connect to the web and this might, worth a try.
Yes, but what I'm saying is the updater itself won't be up to date. Couatl_Updater checks to see if Couatl_Updater2 is up to date, and once that's done, then it runs the update. If you go straight to Couatl_Updater2, it'll run, but it might not be the latest updater, so GSX won't be up to date.
Captain Kevin

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2024, 02:38:11 pm »
BCM 652, I tried that , and worked. Thanks very much. Just one final question. In the directory there are to files, Couatl_updater and Couatl_updater2. Since FSDT Live Update is linked to the first, but I think always had, is that the problem? Because I thought that Couatl_updater2 is just for GSX . Thanks in advance.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2024, 03:12:13 pm »
Couatl_Updater2 isn't tied to just GSX, but rather all FSDreamteam products. As I said in my previous post, Couatl_Updater checks to see if Couatl_Updater2 is up to date, and if it needs to be updated, it'll get updated. Once that's done, it runs the update itself. If you run Couatl_Updater2 directly, it'll run, but it might not be up to date.
Captain Kevin

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2024, 03:55:53 pm »
Ok, thanks I understood. But after Couatl_updater2 did the update without errors Couatl_updater still not work with the same error that can not connect to internet perhaps because antivirus or firewall.