Author Topic: Error requesting fuel **SOLVED - temporary fix**  (Read 2086 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error requesting fuel **SOLVED - temporary fix**
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2024, 12:21:04 am »
Thank you very much! Will we have to remove this edit to that file once this has been fixed in the next update or not?

Won't make any difference, initially, because the fix won't fix what is likely a bug in the EIA website (it started to return strange data today), so the first fix will just intercept the error and fallback to a default fuel price, which would be exactly the same as if you blocked the site.

Only after we'll understand why the website is acting like that (maybe it might be fixed, we'll surely report this), we can release a final fix, so removing the line will make a difference, with the price going back to be updated live. And of course, you might want to remove the line if you *want* to visit the EIA website for any reason.

OliverG2075

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2024, 12:22:48 am »
Great thank you, as well thank you for the speedy responses!

michaelsd44@yahoo.com

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2024, 12:38:03 am »
Hello, I am getting the attached error message when trying to fly using the Fenix A320 and the connect GSX services.  This error never has occurred before today.  I have also attached the error log that shows up with this issue.  Thank you in advance for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2024, 01:04:42 am »
Please DO NOT open new threads about a problem, when an identical thread is already opened, answered and fixed. I'm merging all the duplicate threads here, and I'll repeat the solution, so it stays on the last posts and it's easier to read:

There is error handling, but it only takes into account the fact the EIA website is down, not the API today started to returns weird values not according to their docs ( tested even in a simple browser).

We'll obviously fix this in the next update but, in the meantime, you can fix it by blocking the EIA.GOV website in your PC this way:

- Edit this file:

\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

and add this line as the last line of text:

127.0.0.1 api.eia.gov

IMPORTANT
If you use Notepad or any other editor, you MUST run the editor "As Administrator", otherwise you won't be allowed to edit the file.

bwbriscoe

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2024, 02:57:48 am »
Please DO NOT open new threads about a problem, when an identical thread is already opened, answered and fixed. I'm merging all the duplicate threads here, and I'll repeat the solution, so it stays on the last posts and it's easier to read:

There is error handling, but it only takes into account the fact the EIA website is down, not the API today started to returns weird values not according to their docs ( tested even in a simple browser).

We'll obviously fix this in the next update but, in the meantime, you can fix it by blocking the EIA.GOV website in your PC this way:

- Edit this file:

127.0.0.1 api.eia.gov

IMPORTANT
If you use Notepad or any other editor, you MUST run the editor "As Administrator", otherwise you won't be allowed to edit the file.

How do I run this as an 'Administrator'? I only have one account (admin level) and there's no option to 'Run as administrator' like there is on a program when trying to open in Notepad. Sorry, I'm not very experienced with this sort of thing but keen to get this sorted.

Otonabee

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2024, 03:07:32 am »
Glad there is a workaround for this issue as I am having same troubles.  However can anyone help walk me through exactly where to find this file to edit?  Unclear as to where to find this file so I can fix.  Moderator commented this is the file to edit but I have no idea exactly where this is located.  Any help would be appreciated.

- Edit this file:

127.0.0.1 api.eia.gov

lionwing

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2024, 06:03:06 am »

- Edit this file:

127.0.0.1 api.eia.gov

IMPORTANT

How do I run this as an 'Administrator'? I only have one account (admin level) and there's no option to 'Run as administrator' like there is on a program when trying to open in Notepad. Sorry, I'm not very experienced with this sort of thing but keen to get this sorted.

Thsi will help you run Notepad as Admin - https://www.google.com/search?q=run+notepad+as+administrator&oq=run+notepad+as+admin&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgAEAAYgAQyBwgAEAAYgAQyBggBEEUYOTIHCAIQABiABDIHCAMQABiABDIICAQQABgWGB4yCAgFEAAYFhgeMggIBhAAGBYYHjIICAcQABgWGB4yCggIEAAYDxgWGB4yCAgJEAAYFhge0gEIMjkyNmowajeoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

tstemmer

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2024, 07:45:00 am »
Hello,

I get this error on EDDL, when I request the Fuel Truck:

couatl v4.8 (build 5421)
panic log started on Thu Jun  6 07:37:11 2024

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 2955, in getFuelPrice
TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number
{'Airport': 'EDDL', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate A 9', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate A 9', 'User Pos': (51.282713859678644, 6.76673610466398, 36.0456 m, 2.84817 m, 224.8813499305597, 0.000939627094210649, 0.001745329238474369, 0.00030926540839696254, 3.18211187210083, 1.0)}

Scenery: JustSim EDDL.
gsx-ini-File: https://de.flightsim.to/file/38559/gsx-pro-profile-eddl-justsim (v.1.0.7, Febr 2023)

I tried it on several gates.

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Thomas   

A320car

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2024, 09:20:54 am »
Got the same error today. Yesterday everything was fine. At EDDM (Munich)

A320car

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2024, 01:00:26 pm »
How do I open it via Admin mode?

A320car

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2024, 01:00:59 pm »

A320car

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2024, 01:06:49 pm »
How should it look like then?

JimmyJr1981

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2024, 01:28:48 pm »

Open the windows start menu, type "cmd" --> result should show "command prompt". Right click on it and choose "run as administrator". In the cmd change to the directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc by entering "cd C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc". Then you type "notepad hosts" and add the mentioned line "127.0.0.1 api.eia.gov" to the end of the file and save it. That's it!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2024, 02:59:09 pm »
An easier way to open Notepad As Admin is:

- Press the "Windows" key on your keyboard, the start menu will open

- In the blank search area, start typing Notepad, the Notepad icon will appear on the left side of the menu

- Right-Click on the Notepad icon which appeared in the search, and select "Run As Administrator"

- Now you can open the file normally and it will allow you to save it back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2024, 03:02:47 pm »

- Edit this file:

127.0.0.1 api.eia.gov

IMPORTANT