Author Topic: Help! The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.  (Read 940 times)

Delta061

Hello, I have the following problem that I get the error message when starting MSFS2020:

See the error log in the attachment

can you help me here?

Best regards
Stephan
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 12:28:45 pm by Delta061 »

Delta061

After a complete reinstallation of GSX Pro via the installer, unfortunately the error still occurs (even an update via the Liveupdater is not successful)

Delta061

Here a picture of the error massage

Demon

Hey there, I had the same error comuing up and I just closed any tools related to MSFS like SmoothFPS, AutoFPS, Bravolights etc. That helped me getting rid of it. I think the main reason is the injection of the constant OLOD and TLOD which changes while flying with the drone around the airport. Hope that helps.

Delta061

Hello :-)

And many thanks for the answer ;-)

I don't own any of the tools mentioned, nor are they active in any way. I always get this popup error message when the MSFS2020 is booted (so the start page in the MSFS2020) I can create an error log and I can restart the Courtal Engine. But unfortunately it doesn't help, because the popup error message always & always & always comes back. Until I close the MSFS2020.

A complete de-installation & a complete re-installation have not been successful. Not even the installation via the Offline Manager... The "Run as administrator" setting was also unsuccessful.

So... Error message appears before I have even selected a plane or airport. I can do this with the error message without any problems... GSX then does not work and the popup window pops up about every 30 seconds :-(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Hey there, I had the same error comuing up and I just closed any tools related to MSFS like SmoothFPS, AutoFPS, Bravolights etc. That helped me getting rid of it. I think the main reason is the injection of the constant OLOD and TLOD which changes while flying with the drone around the airport. Hope that helps.

You can't say you have the "same error", until you post the actual error details.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
A complete de-installation & a complete re-installation have not been successful. Not even the installation via the Offline Manager... The "Run as administrator" setting was also unsuccessful.

Of course a reinstall couldn't fix it, because your problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and it's caused by something interfering with writing in YOUR OWN user profile folder, something that is normally impossible, since you should always have permission to write into your own profile folder.

The most likely cause is the antivirus interfering so, first of all, configure the antivirus to add the whole "Addon Manager" folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS, then run the FSDT Live Update again.

If that still doesn't work, remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

And reinstall GSX again. Note that, doing this will remove ALL your preferences and all your custom airports and airplane profile, so if you have any, you might to MOVE the "Airplanes" and "GSX" folders there to a different location before removing the main %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and restore them in the same place AFTER reinstalling.

Reinstallation is required, because the installer will need to setup the correct permissions to all folders.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 12:53:29 pm by virtuali »

Delta061

Good morning,
Thank you for the detailed answer.

The 2nd step...delete the folder: %APPDATA%\Virtuali and reinstall GSX completely and run the FSDT Live Update as administrator, has contributed to the success :-)

Thank you very much !!!!