Author Topic: Airports On Plateaus! Please Help!  (Read 5303 times)

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
Airports On Plateaus! Please Help!
« on: June 01, 2010, 03:34:26 am »
So, I've got most of my graphics down really well...but I do have one major problem remaining..and that is that any addon scenery I seem to install seems to look like it's on a plateau!  I've posted screenshots below to show my problem.  The first is of Blueprint's KDFW, and the second is FSDT's KLAS.  The problem is at many other sceneries around my FS World as well.  Does anyone know how to correct this problem??  

I'm using FS9 and I have Ultimate Terrain USA and FSGenesis installed.  

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:17:34 am by virtuali »
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airports On Plateaus! Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:20:15 am »
You should have checked the FS9 KLAS forum first, because there was a thread about this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1697.msg13938#msg13938

Aeroman

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:06:02 pm »
Virtuali,

I did check and read that thread..  I was hoping to reinitiate it here because, for one, the fix only works with FSDT's KLAS and my problem lies with many more sceneries than that, although I noticed you deleted one of my screenshots..  

And two (as a poster mentioned in that thread), with updated and newer addons such as FSGlobal 2010 out now (which I AM considering purchasing) renders even that fix void...  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:08:08 pm by Aeroman »
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
"We know why you fly"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 04:44:24 pm »
the fix only works with FSDT's KLAS and my problem lies with many more sceneries than that

Since this is FSDT support forum, you have been pointed out to the solution that should work with our scenery. Have you tried it ? Did it work ?

although I noticed you deleted one of my screenshots...

Because we obviously don't like having screenshots of other products posted here.

Let alone hosting discussion how to fix problems in other sceneries, considering this is our own private (and paid) support forum. I don't think if you would go on the Aerosoft forum, which just released a scenery for EHAM, asking how to fix a problem that is common with Frankfurt AND Cloud9 EHAM, you would get a very different reply...

The General section is to talk about other things too, but it's not meant to offer solutions to other products issues, which should be offered on their support places instead. And we can't act as a replacement, if they don't have a place to ask. For any issues with other sceneries, you better ask the question on a public forum instead.

However, your message has been useful to know anyway, so we'll try to take this potential problem into account, when we'll release KDFW.

In any case, you might be interested in FS Genesis ATAP product, more info on their website.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:47:18 pm by virtuali »

Aeroman

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 06:40:27 pm »
I do realize the concern, but the post wasn't to specifically point out another company's product and ask for support specifically for it.  I was hoping to find a solution for the general problem, which, as I mentioned affects FSDT sceneries as well as many other sceneries..  I included the screenshot of the other scenery to stress that the problem wasn't isolated to FSDT alone, and I know that there are many knowledgable people here that view this forum that could potentially offer a solution. 

In any case, I understand you not wanting the screenshot posted, but I would still appreciate help on the matter if anyone can offer it. 

And, I'm glad the post has been of help to you already.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
"We know why you fly"

Aeroman

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:11:49 pm »
Oh, and thanks for the FSGenesis ATAP suggestion.  I didn't know about it, but it looks like (unfortunately) that it's only for Southeast Alaska/Western Canada, Hawaii, and Rhode Island...
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
"We know why you fly"

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 01:25:17 am »
Ryan, have you made sure that the terrain meshes are all below the airports in priority?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Aeroman

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 05:34:41 am »
I'll double-check them, but I'm almost positive they are.  I installed the terrain meshes quite some time before I installed most FSDT scenery, but I'll recheck just in case.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
"We know why you fly"