Author Topic: Yay! Ceiling Height!  (Read 347 times)

dintymoohr

Yay! Ceiling Height!
« on: March 02, 2024, 09:56:08 am »
Thank you for this new feature, I was not expecting this at all.
I just noticed today with the update that ceiling height was introduced.
I looked in the past forum comments thinking surely someone else posted about it, nope.
I did a search, it was in the notes for the update on February 24.

The Cj4, HJet, Vision Jet, and Phenom are the main aircraft I like to fly. Some of gsx features aren't as helpful compared to jetliners.
This ceiling height mod is a step towards creating a wonderful environment around the business jet fliers out here.

I used the ruler to help create the proper height for this setting, but it doesn't work based on the ruler height.
I was using the phenom 100 door and based on the ruler it should be 1.3 based on the floor being lower than the actual door.
Using this setting the heads were still sticking out. I changed the ceiling height to .5, much closer to fitting.

I understand this is probably not meant for business jets, but I see it working wonderfully in the future.
Thank you for adding this feature it's, been fun to see working on these little jets.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Yay! Ceiling Height!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 04:29:33 pm »
You must understand the ceiling height, alone, is not enough to automatically have passengers being able to enter any airplane. It's surely a preparation to extend GSX in the future to work better with GA/Business airplanes, so we added new data like the individual passenger height, the door's height and the airplane ceiling.

However, right now, passengers only have ONE duck animation, which is not eccessive, and it's exactly right for the taller characters to duck to enter the typical airliner door.

To really support smaller airplanes, we would need to add extra lower duck animations to the taller characters, and duck animation to the one that currently don't have one, because they are not tall enough to require a duck animation on the typical airliner door/ceilings.

So yes, everything will come, but it's not there yet.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 11:15:23 am by virtuali »

dintymoohr

Re: Yay! Ceiling Height!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 05:42:31 am »
That's awesome news. I figured this is the first step. I just wanted to let everyone know this new feature that covers a much wider audience now! Everything takes time.

I noticed by lowering the height below 1 meter, some characters stay in the duck, or squat position on the way to the bus.
This might be the extremely low ceiling height I placed to make the people fit.
I noticed it with the hjet and the phenom 100 from cockspur.