Author Topic: gsx.zip is corrupted  (Read 1186 times)

gsx.zip is corrupted
« on: February 27, 2024, 02:48:04 pm »
Hi I've been trying to install gsx for almost 2 hours but every time I get the message of the corrupt gsx.zip. I tried both to re-download it from the site and to completely disable Windows defender, the firewall and exclude the Addon Manager folder but nothing. Can someone help me please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx.zip is corrupted
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 09:26:56 am »
Something is clearly interfering with your connection because, I can see from your screenshot the latest available version is 2.9.2, when in fact it's 2.9.3 and that data is taken directly from the internet so, it seems either your firewall is blocking the connection so you are working with outdated local caches info, or your local cloudflare node is not updated.

As explained so many times, you should NOT "disable" the antivirus or the firewall but, instead, explicitly add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion (but leave it on) and give explicit permission to the firewall for the updater .exe to go online or disable the firewall (but don't disable the antivirus).

If that still doesn't work, it might be a problem at your ISP level, so you might need to use a VPN to download.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 09:38:52 am »
Sorry I'm impractical. I have now uninstalled GSX including the addon manager folder. Could you explain to me step by step how to do it also because now the addon manager folder has obviously been deleted. And by the way, neither antivirus nor firewall is disabled.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 09:41:18 am by 1538038 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 09:42:19 am »
Could you explain to me step by step how to do it also because now the addon manager folder has obviously been deleted.

If you reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer, it will recreate the folder, so you can exclude it.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 09:44:11 am »
Ok so I'll reinstall and before starting the update and activation I'll just exclude the folder right?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 09:55:00 am »
yes.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 10:15:46 am »
Nothing to do always comes back. But I read in the posts that there is an addon manager.exe updated on February 24, 2024 that can fix the problem. Can I try that or is it version 2.9.2?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 10:17:37 am by 1538038 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2024, 03:16:45 pm »
But I read in the posts that there is an addon manager.exe updated on February 24, 2024 that can fix the problem. Can I try that or is it version 2.9.2?

You can try that and yes, the OFFLINE Addon Manager is always update at the same time the online installer. Note that, it's not a replacement, you can try installing the Offline installer first, but that's not complete, you still need to complete an Online installation.

Another problem with the antivirus might be that, while the Addon Manager folder is excluded, the antivirus here is interfering while the .ZIP file is extracted (but it doesn't happen here with Windows Defender), which happens in the Windows %TEMP% folder.

Is it possible you are low on space on C: considering you are trying to install in E: ?

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2024, 04:20:29 pm »
Running out of space no because on C I have 850GB of space. I install in and only to keep the SIM programs separate from the operating system. And so if I wanted to install the exe manager addon what should I do since even with the installation of before chew was unsuccessful I uninstalled everything. please can you explain to me how to do it to the children point by point ?  Which then is not the first time I install GSX and it has never given me this kind of problem. What could have happened now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2024, 04:27:17 pm »
Try this:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\PackagesCache
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- CLEAR your browser cache.

- Uninstall GSX Pro from the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Universal Installer itself from the Windows Control Panel

- REMOVE the whole Addon Manager folder if it's still there.

- DOWNLOAD the current version of the FSDT Universal Installer

- Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer

- Reinstall GSX Pro from the FSDT Installer page.

koosherselman

Couatl64_MSFS.exe is corrupted.
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 10:21:28 am »
Hi. After working well since June 2023, I now suddenly get a message that Couatl64_MSFS.exe is corrupted and unreadable. I have read all the other messages and solutions regarding this problem. My Couatl64_MSFS.exe file is only 3.3kb which is clearly a problem. I have added my Addons Folder to my antivirus and Windows Defender exceptions list as suggested elsewhere. I have done likewise with the FSDT Live Updater application and the Couatl64_MSFS.exe file itself. I have further run Live Updater a number of times and uninstalled and reinstalled GSX Pro, FSDT Live Updater, and FSDT Universal Installer. I would really appreciate some advice.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 10:23:40 am by koosherselman »

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2024, 12:50:55 pm »
I did everything you told me step by step but nothing changed. In addition to excluding the addon manger folder, I also excluded the 3 exe files, namely Couatl Updater, Couatl Updater 2 and Caouatl. But nothing ever possible that only I have this problem. Calculate that I reinstalled Windows from 0. and instead of path E I used its default C but nothing. But then when I click on OK in the error message I noticed that the installation is working how can I know if everything is okay there are size parameters of certain folders to know if everything is ok and maybe it's just a bug that pops up maybe ?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 10:29:34 pm by 1538038 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2024, 01:29:28 pm »
After installing the FSDT Universal Installer, try to install the Offline installer linked in the Sticky section of this forum. Then install GSX again, this way there would be no need to download the GSX.ZIP file, because that is only used during a clean installation.

The file is not corrupted, you can be sure of that, either your antivirus or your firewall is corrupting it but, if acting on the antivirus doesn't work, this would skip the affected file. However, I cannot guarantee the fault antivirus would then exclude another file, so you need to try.