Author Topic: GSX & Simbrief: Can't read the aircraft type  (Read 1114 times)

Tyler K

• vRYR - RYR10064. Favourite Plane: B738
GSX & Simbrief: Can't read the aircraft type
« on: February 03, 2024, 11:51:02 pm »
Hi all!

I've been trying to get GSX and Simbrief intergration going, but had no luck. From GSX log, it just says

Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGXu BW
this airplane has 4 exits
Creating model cache...
Model cache loaded
Airplane major/minor version: 737 800
ATC_ID_SIM read from Simconnect is EI-ENI
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2  baseName =  PMDG 737-800NGXU BW
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Airframe-specific GSX.CFG file for EI-ENI not found in D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGXu BW, using a default GSX.CFG file
Airframe-specific GSX.CFG file for EI-ENI not found in C:\Users\tyler\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGXu BW, using a default GSX.CFG file
GSX SimStart
onEnteredAirport LEIB
aircraftEngaged
https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?username=89537kay
Can't read the aircraft type

Checking the xml fetcher, it clearly says

<icaocode>B738</icaocode>
<iatacode>738</iatacode>
<base_type>B738</base_type>
<icao_code>B738</icao_code>
<iata_code>738</iata_code>
<name>B737-800</name>
<reg>EI-ENI</reg>

In P3D, i'm in that plane. The Aircraft.cfg:

[fltsim.3]
title=PMDG 737-800NGXu BW Ryanair (EI-ENI | 2011 | Ryanair)
atc_airline=RYANAIR
atc_flight_number=000
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=EI-ENI
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_enable=1
atc_id_font=
atc_parking_codes=RYR
atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_model=B738
description=Boeing 737-800 powered by CFM engines v 1.0\nPMDG Simulations\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \n\nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\n\nBoeing 737, 737-800 & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.
icao_airline=RYR
isAirTraffic=0
isUserSelectable=1
KB_Checklists=
KB_Reference=
model=
panel=
pmdg_revision=4
sim=B737-800 BW
sound=
texture=FR0
ui_autonomy=0
ui_certified_ceiling=0
ui_createdby=PMDG
ui_fuel_burn_rate=0
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_max_range=0
ui_thumbnailfile=
ui_type=B738
ui_typerole=B738
ui_variation=Ryanair (EI-ENI | 2011 | Ryanair)
visual_damage=0
wip_indicator=2

I've tried amending the aircraft.cfg with various options and settings and then i've restored it too. Nothing seems to work.

I've attached the log files and aircraft.cfg for ease. Any help would be massively appreciated, i just want fancy info on the VGDS and easy passenger / fuel integration etc  ;D

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 12:01:18 am by Tyler K »

Tyler K

Re: GSX & Simbrief: Can't read the aircraft type
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 12:26:05 am »
Okay, so quick update -

I made a custom gsx.cfg file, specifying the ICAO type as B738. This instantly worked and GSX loaded the simbrief flightplan with no issues. It then didn't ask me to select passenger numbers.

So i need to figure out what's missing from the aircraft.cfg. Fixed this by amending the aircraft.cfg to include the correct icao_model.

So last issue / point; which VGDS / Parking systems support simbrief info? I've tried T2S-24 and APIS - niether display anything. Maybe haven't triggered it right or not using the correct system so just need some guidance here.

Attached an updated log of me loading in, GSX loading the flightplan and then getting about half way through boarding. Would've assumed that the VGDS displayed something by now.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 12:51:17 am by Tyler K »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 12:48:02 pm »
I can see if you have some errors in the VGDS, this is likely causing the panel not working, we'll check this.

Tyler K

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 08:33:38 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks. If it's any help, the VGDS does work otherwise - if i edit the parking system, it shows my aircraft type and if i come in to park, it correctly guides me in etc so they do work overall, just not with simbrief.

If you need any other logs or anything, do let me know.

Edit: @Umberto, which VGDS systems support simbrief integration? I'll give them all a try.

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 08:35:12 pm by Tyler K »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 01:46:33 am »
The VGDS integration with Simbrief doesn't work in FSX or P3D, we need to port the improvement made for MSFS to the FSX/P3D version of the VGDS, it's something that has been planned for an update.

Tyler K

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 02:02:35 am »
So, i've done some more testing today to try and assist any debugging / theories.

So 1st instance, my simbrief flightplan didn't match the one loaded into P3D Flight planner.

VGDS:
(Notice the red lines etc).

Log:
Code: [Select]
aircraftEngaged
False LEIB EIDW LEIB LEMD
Default flightplan detected, "AI TRAFFIC FROMAIRPORT" = LEIB "AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT" = LEMD
The loaded flight plan to LEMD doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from LEIB to EIDW

No errors or anything and it still reads the flightplan passenger numbers, etc. I've attached the log for this, named "SimbriefDoesntMatchDefault"

Instance 2 - Simbrief loaded and matched default flight plan

(Notice how it's like, turned off? When i reload couatl, it does flash up with red lines for a bit, then turns off).

onEnteredAirport LEIB
Requested parking services to Gate 28
aircraftEngaged
set object -1000 mt. underground
False LEIB EIDW LEIB EIDW
icao_airline RYR
flight_number 666
route EPAM2F EPAMA DCT MARTA DCT EBROX DCT UMURE DCT XIKEN DCT KARES DCT ARBEK DCT REBUL DCT USKAR DCT MOPAS DCT GIROM DCT GONUP DCT MANAK UY110 TIRAV UT183 BAGAD DCT DOLUR DCT UPCAB DCT EVRIN DCT BUNED BUNE3L
passengers 158
airplane B738
originICAO LEIB
Runway 06
destinationICAO EIDW
est_time_enroute 157.033333
sched_time_enroute 160.000000
sched_out Mon Feb  5 00:25:00 2024
sched_off Mon Feb  5 00:35:00 2024
plan_ramp 9344
units kgs
OEW 42264
ZFW 58589
pax_weight = 79.379000
Cargo 3783
stateInfoWhileParked(), closing gate unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'str' and 'float'
(I'm assuming it's this last line causing issues?) Googling this error gives this "To fix this error, you have to convert one of the operands to the same data type as the other operand before performing the operation."

I've attached the log for this, named "SimbriefMatches"

I've attached my flightplan from simbrief in PDF format, titled "LEIBEIDW". I've tried 3 different flight plans, all manually generated, using different settings but mainly changing "OFP Layout", "Depart" & "Arrive", "Variant or Airframe" and "route". So far, no changes made any difference at all.

All of this testing was done using a T2S-24 Wall Mount. I've tried different ones with no luck. However, using any other (simbrief unsupported?) VGDS systems, results in the
stateInfoWhileParked(), closing gate unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'str' and 'float' not showing in the log at all, but all of the rest of the flight plan details do.

Tyler K

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 02:03:54 am »
The VGDS integration with Simbrief doesn't work in FSX or P3D, we need to port the improvement made for MSFS to the FSX/P3D version of the VGDS, it's something that has been planned for an update.

Disregard last post, just seen your reply...

Oh... That's a shame :(

Any idea on when that update will come?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 02:14:52 am »
Any idea on when that update will come?

When it's done, hopefully the next update but, again, we don't have a release date for it, because it's depending on completing others things related to it.

Tyler K

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2024, 02:19:15 am »
That makes me hopeful! None the less, I appreciate your help with this and all the great work - and i'll look foward to the update coming to resolve this.

I'm looking to move over to MSFS anyway soon, and i see that GSX has finally been able to properly integrate with PMDG (eg with simbrief and passenger numbers, fuel, etc) so that's a massive improvement over P3D.