Author Topic: Fenix A320 MCDU now crashes with GSX  (Read 1449 times)

johnm90

Fenix A320 MCDU now crashes with GSX
« on: February 01, 2024, 09:00:36 pm »
I have been using Fenix since launch and have had a somewhat flawless experience with little to no crashes on any of the systems and last night I had decided to give GSX a go, so far I an impressed with how it improves the realism but I am now getting to a point during MCDU set up, mostly when I click "copy sec flight plan" where it completely freezes the MCDU and becomed completely unresponsive along with moving knobs on the FCU, the knobs rotate but the digits remain the same. The only thing I have added is the Fenix2GSX to give some insight.

I wonder if there is a fix around this?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fenix A320 MCDU now crashes with GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 09:24:19 pm »
GSX doesn't have any interaction with the Fenix MCDU.

johnm90

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 09:57:36 pm »
Thank for the reply virtuali, just thought it was strange that its only happened since adding GSX, I'm running on 16gb or Ram do you think I may be throttling my ram with additional add ons?

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 02:48:46 am »
I have been using Fenix since launch and have had a somewhat flawless experience with little to no crashes on any of the systems and last night I had decided to give GSX a go, so far I an impressed with how it improves the realism but I am now getting to a point during MCDU set up, mostly when I click "copy sec flight plan" where it completely freezes the MCDU and becomed completely unresponsive along with moving knobs on the FCU, the knobs rotate but the digits remain the same. The only thing I have added is the Fenix2GSX to give some insight.

I wonder if there is a fix around this?

Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoY3qINFS1Y

this  will fix your  issues,  another  way  to   fix  it  is  to make  sure  you  run  the  fenix  app  as  admin

johnm90

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 08:00:05 am »
Thank Pete_auau, tried this and it still was the same, going by my Laptop specs the 16gb ram on board is throttling at 15gb with everything running giving no wiggleroom for anything else, I have ordered 32gb Vengance DDR4 and going to try an upgrade and see if this helps.

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 09:04:24 am »
Thank Pete_auau, tried this and it still was the same, going by my Laptop specs the 16gb ram on board is throttling at 15gb with everything running giving no wiggleroom for anything else, I have ordered 32gb Vengance DDR4 and going to try an upgrade and see if this helps.
ok   in  the fenix  app itself  when  you open it  up  tick  the  3  boxes  under  flight deck displays  i  think its  called    left  hand  middle  off  the  app

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 10:42:40 am »
ok   in  the Fenix  app itself  when  you open it  up  tick  the  3  boxes  under  flight deck displays  i  think its  called    left  hand  middle  off  the  app

3 boxes? I only have 2:

"Use Alternative display renderer"

"Use display synchronization"

I see the 2nd one gets greyed out when you select the 1st, which is said to help with systems with an iGPU.

All laptop have an iGPU, many also have an extra Discrete GPU, and sometimes, depending on the power profile used, they switch or cause issues with games not using the "good" GPU, so you might need to explicitly set it for that particular game, maybe this is related.