Author Topic: Why no Equiptment at Selected Arriaval Gate?  (Read 432 times)

lehbird

Why no Equiptment at Selected Arriaval Gate?
« on: January 21, 2024, 12:09:32 am »
When I land at an airport I choose the gate I am looking to taxi to, I taxi to it and there is no marshal or equipment until I select deboarding. Is that the way it is supposed to be, or should the marshal and equipment already be there?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Why no Equiptment at Selected Arriaval Gate?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 06:12:06 pm »
Could be you just selected the "Show me" option, instead of the "Show me and activate" ?

lehbird

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 09:42:12 pm »
I am not sure I understand. When I arrive at an airport, I pick a gate and the attached menu from the manual is what I see. I don't see any "Show Me and Activate" option. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 09:51:38 pm »
I don't know why you posted a screenshot of the manual: we know of the manual looks like.

The "Show Me and Activate" function is recent, so it's not included in the manual, but if you have the latest update, you should have it, in addition to the "Show me this spot", which IS listed on the manual in the page you posted.

So, you should see BOTH options (in the sim, not the manual!!)

"Show me this spot", which JUST shows where the parking spot is, without selecting it.

"Show me this spot and activate", which shows the parking spot AND selects it.

Of course, the other two options, Yes or No (you are inside a question asking if you want a Follow Me) will also activate the gate.

lehbird

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 10:36:40 pm »
My apologies for the screenshot, I was trying to be helpful not insulting. I will take a screenshot of the menu options I have when I am in the simulator, but I do not believe  "Show Me and Activate" is one of them, what I see matches the manual.

lehbird

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 04:39:46 am »
Attached is a screenshot of what I see once I choose a gate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 11:11:19 am »
Attached is a screenshot of what I see once I choose a gate.

This means you don't have the latest update, because you are missing the "Show me this spot and activate". Not that this makes lot of difference because, as I've said, either of the first two options (Yes or No), would activate the gate as well.

The only options that don't select a gate, so they don't create any equipment there, are "Show me this spot" and "Warp me here".