Author Topic: Problems with 2.9.1 Menu Options  (Read 561 times)

musky2018

Problems with 2.9.1 Menu Options
« on: January 19, 2024, 05:25:10 pm »
Since last update v2.9.1 I have a serious problem that is making GSX unusable and it happens every time.

Normally I would call for push back early so everything is set up and when I am ready for pushback the GSX menu would previously have an option to continue with pushback and away I would go.

Since 2.9.1 when I do this GSX seems to think the aircraft is no longer at the gate see screen shot.

Now when this happens your flight is over because GSX then seems to move you into a building and MSFS reports you have collided with an object and its game over. Also no longer available is the option to reset GSX position thus cancelling whatever options you had selected and allowing you to start again.

regards

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Problems with 2.9.1 Menu Options
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 08:56:36 pm »
I couldn't tell you why it would do that, but I can tell you that you'll want to turn the crash detection off. Given the way these simulators are set up with the various sceneries that are out there, you wouldn't want it to be turned anyway. You could easily hit an invisible hole in the scenery as you taxi out to the runway and it would register that as a crash. Or worse, you could fly a 14-hour flight, be on final, and hit an invisible wall in the scenery and it would register that as a crash. Or you could be trying to push back from the gate on your second flight of the day and GSX could decide to launch your plane up into the air, so your plane ends up falling right back down and then it would register that as a crash once your plane hit the ground. Therefore, it would be best to just turn that off. Really, you know if you've fucked up badly.
Captain Kevin